Monday, March 24, 2014

Ronan is 7 months old!

Ronan 7 months old
Sleeping (*):  He slept through the night in his own bed... once!  But it's a start and we are working on moving from co-sleeping to him sleeping on his own.  He has been waking up around midnight or 1am but hopefully this continues to improve. * He can and will sleep through the night if we let him sleep in our bed.

love these pouches!
Eating:  During Ronan's 7 month, he's eaten sweet potatoes, avocados, butternut squash, peas, green beans, banana, carrots, and one package of Plum organics beans & rice with sweet corn.  He seems to be a pretty good little eater but still seems to like breast milk best.

I try to make the baby food, but I’d say so far it’s been about 50% homemade and 50% store bought.  At daycare, the will only do the prepackaged stuff, so I probably should bump up the homemade stuff at home.

I’m also a little unsure what is best for him, and I do research online but I find so many differing opinions that it’s hard to know what’s best.  So for now, I’m holding off until his 9 month appointment when I can discuss it with Ronan’s doctor.  And I totally know I’m being the overly paranoid new mom, but good nutrition is super important!

Mood:  He's a happy, smiley guy most of the time, especially if we are doing something fun.  He got about 4 teeth in during his 7th month, and 3 of them came right at the same time, so there were periods where he wasn't so happy but he's not to blame.  Once in a while, he gets very upset if he doesn't get his way (and he's sleepy or hungry) and puts on quite the show.

Loves:  He loves attention and praise, so when he got good feedback from mom and dad for giving high fives, he loves it.  He also learned how to pull himself up on to two feets and loves to show off what a big boy he is now.

Look mom!  I can stand!!
Wearing:  He's wearing mostly his 9 month gear, but most of his 6 month stuff still fits him.  He wore his first 12 month outfit and I was surprised at how well it fit him, but I really think it all depends on the outfit.  And he bumped up from size 2 diapers to size 3 this month.

Milestones: He has now mastered crawling and can get around fast!  He can also pull himself up to his feet, as I mentioned before, and go from standing to sitting again.

And TEETH!  He got his first tooth (bottom right) on Feb 1st so he was 6.5 months.  And then he got his top right tooth about two weeks later.  Then at about 7.5 months, he got three more teeth all at while... poor little guy!

Mama: The new teeth made breastfeeding a little challenging... and painful.  But he's learning not to bite, but it took a few, not so fun, weeks.  But otherwise, breastfeeding is still going well and everything else is about the same.

Our family looks pretty good with one more... but that will have to wait a little!  But Ronan loves his cousin!

XOXO

5 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

How cute is he in that little sweater jumpsuit! Good for you on still nursing!!!

Life with J and J said...

Very cute! He is doing so well!

Carolyn said...

He's so cute! And can we talk about how fast our little guys are growing up??? CRAZY!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

That picture at the bottom is too funny! He is precious beyond words! I feel the same way about eating. Noelle hasn't even started yet but I am probably more concerned than I need to be over what she should be eating and when. Like you, I just want to make sure she gets what is best for her. We are also co-sleeping half the time. She always ends up in my bed around 1am and will stay the rest of the night. We need to transition. I'll be watching to see how yours goes! :) And yeah, the breastfeeding with teeth... Noelle has two on the bottom but I'm nervous for when the top ones come in! She only bit me once but I may die if she bites me with top and bottom teeth. Ouch! I love that we are all in this stage together!

Mrs. Match said...

I know this post is super old, but just had to comment. Ronan looks so cute! It feels like yesterday we were pregnant at the same time, and here we are with our little men. Love it!