Friday, January 10, 2014

Ronan is 5 months old!



Sleeping:  I struggled with what to write on this month's photo (hence the wide range)....  Ronan sleeps great in my arms but not so great in his bed.  When he sleeps with me, he nurses while sleeping (which kind of amazing), but still seems like kinda a gray zone.  I’m mostly asleep too, which is nice because I don't feel overly tired.

Eating:  He has only had breast milk and he's a good little eater!  He is still eating a lot during the night time hours, but I'm so happy I'm able to continue exclusively breastfeeding.

baby's first christmas photo family by christmas tree picture
Ronan's first Christmas
Mood:  He's mostly a happy camper, but he wants to be held pretty much all the time.  He still sometimes get cranky in the evening, but usually a little cuddling takes care of that.

Loves:  Other than being held, he loves jumping in his jumperoo, especially when Mom and Dad are watching and cheering him on.  He also loves playing with his feet, us playing with his feet or getting a foot massage. 

baby almost ready to crawl picture
Little wiggle worm baby!
Wearing:  He is still mostly wearing 6 month clothes, but he is already wearing some of his 9 month gear. 

Milestones:  He’s starting to get up on his knees and rock back and forth, like he is getting ready to crawl.  He also had his first Christmas!  We had four Christmases over Christmas Eve and Christmas day, so it was busy but we are so lucky that we can see all our family.  Ronan was a lot more into the Christmas presents than I thought he would be, especially the wrapping paper.  He’s getting so much more interactive, it is amazing how quickly he is growing and gaining skills.


Mama:  I keep feeling phantom baby kicks!  And I don’t think it’s gas or anything else, because this definitely feels like kicking.  Maybe I miss being pregnant already, although I’m not ready for that again now.  And I’ve worked out a handful of times, which is a big improvement.  I like doing the Jillian Michaels workouts, but I got so sore!!!  But I guess that’s a good thing.  It’s hard to find the time while I’m working full time and I don’t want to take any time away from the time I get to spend with Ronan.  But hopefully I can squeeze it in and get back into shape.

XOXO

8 comments:

Life with J and J said...

Yay!!! This is just such a cute post!
Ronan is just such a cutie!

P!nky said...

Umm the gif is amazing! He is so cute! Y'all look fabulous! :)

Brandi said...

He is adorable! The phantom kicks could still be your uterus shrinking and contracting to get back down to size. :) Just a thought!

Sarah said...

incredible video!!

Carolyn said...

The wiggle worm pics crack me up! :) So cute!

Mrs. Match said...

He's sooo cute! I am so glad I'm not the only one feeling the phantom kicks! It's creepy isn't it? Good for you for exclusively breastfeeding! Isn't it so rewarding watching him grow, and knowing that's all from you? PS He's already bigger than Piglet, and 3 months younger! My guy needs a growth spurt pronto!

Nat said...

Such a beautiful baby! Seriously I love your photos of him. Miller still wakes up 1-2 times a night to eat too so I feel your pain! I think I've had some phantom baby kicks too- but very randomly.

Anonymous said...

Lovely little boy