Monday, November 4, 2013

Ronan is 3 months old!

Ronan - 3 months old

Sleep: Yes, he really does sleep 10 hours... in a row!  Not every single night... sometimes he only sleeps 8 hours (halfway wakes up eats and goes back to sleep), but still I don't know how I got so lucky, but I'm pretty sure I have the best baby ever!  He typically goes to bed around 7-8pm and wakes up when I wake him up.  I'm still figuring out how my back-to-work schedule will work out and I want to nurse him before he has to go to daycare.  So far, I like to feed him first thing in the morning, before I get ready so I can pump after that if I need too. But that ends up being pretty early and then he usually goes back to sleep for a while and I get ready for work.  But maybe I need to figure out a better schedule, what do other moms do?

baby sleeping sucking thumb 3 months old picture
~Perfection~
Eating: Ronan breastfeeds or gets pumped milk while he is at daycare.  And although he's one of the youngest babies, he's one of the best eater (or drinkers?) in his class.  He drinks about 20oz while I'm at work, but so far I've been able to keep up.  Breastfeeding had it's challenges in the beginning, but I'm very thankful that it has gotten very easy now.  Pumping is kinda a pain, but I'm happy to do it.

Ronan during tummy time - look at that strong neck
Mood:  Ronan in a very happy and laid back baby and I hope he keeps these traits!  He is also very active and alert during the day, usually only taking cat naps with a longer one mixed in (probably why he sleeps so well at night!)  Over the past month he really seems to appreciate his toys and he loves looking at the TV - if it's on, he will crank his neck around to try and watch.  

Kewpie cupie doll baby look alike face picture cute
Someone at work told me Ronan looks like a Kewpie doll... yeah I can see it :)
Loves:  He's the most cuddly baby ever, he loves to snuggle which I also love!  He has started cooing and smiling a lot and seems to have little conversations where he says something and then waits for a reaction.  It is the cutest thing ever!  He also makes noises that sound exactly like "mum" or "mum mum" - I think my baby is a genius. 

Wearing: He is wearing size 2 diapers and has been for a while. He still fits in some of his 0 to 3 month outfits but is wearing some of his 6 month outfits already. For socks, I don't even bother with the 0 to 6 months, he has needed the 6 to 12 months socks since he was born. 

Some of the daily photos I get from Ronan's daycare - these get me through the day!
Milestones:  At 10 weeks old Ronan rolled over from his back to his tummy and he does it more and more now. He is getting much better with his hand coordination which means he is sucking his thumb more often.  He is also putting toy in his mouth and drooling a lot, I hope he doesn't get his teeth too soon!

Mama:  I went back to work at 12 weeks, which was very hard, especially dropping him off at daycare that first day.  I really didn't know if I could do it, but honestly it hasn't been as hard as I thought.  I still miss him like crazy, but I'm not sobbing every ten minutes like I thought I would be.  And I'm back to my pre-baby weight!  I had plateaued for a long time, and I didn't change much other than going back to work.  But I had to skip a few lunches to fit in all that pumping.  But not anymore, I don't want my supply dropping.  I do want to start working out again but it hasn't been easy to find the time and energy.

Our little family
XOXO

14 comments:

P!nky said...

First, your lil man is the cahUUUUTEST lil man! Those sweet cheeks!

WOW! He is doing so well, that's amazing he sleeps so much, woohoo!

You look fabulous lovely lady! Just fabulous!

Dee Stephens said...

You look awesome!! And Ronan does look like the doll!
Glad things are going good with daycare. I find work a bit of a break :-) even though I miss hers!

Faith said...

3 months already?! omg!

and you have the best sleeping baby ever! lucky!!! :)

Life with J and J said...

Awww...the time is going by so fast! He sure is a cutie.

Kudos on getting back to your pre baby weight. That is awesome!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

your family is so sweet!! ronan is so handsome!

Kristin said...

Glad all is going well!!

Whitney M. @ The Married Me said...

You look fabulous!

And I also think Ronan sucking his thumb is absolutely precious!

Elle Sees said...

there's no way you just had a baby! i say that everytime i see your IG pics.

Nat said...

So jealous of your sleep! He is so, so cute!! Glad your adjustment back to work hasn't been too bad and you look awesome!

Marie a la Mode said...

3 months already! Wow, time flies! He is soooo cute Jenny!

Seagull said...

I love the updates! isn't it amazing to have a baby that sleeps through the night? My pumpkin is the same way and when i tell other moms i swear they give me daggers so i'm sending you kudos :)

Mrs. Match said...

He is so stinking cute! Hah, he does look like a kewpie doll in that one pic. Great job pumping mama! It's a labor of love. Don't you totally feel like a dairy cow sometimes? lol!

Sarah Alway said...

Oh my gosh, sleeping 10 hours?!? That's amazing! Also, you look freaking FANTSTIC, you skinny mini! I will be contacting you asap after I deliver to learn all of your secrets! Ronan is a doll. :-)

Sarah @ Life As Always

Deidre said...

You look amazing! And Mr. Ronan... well, doesn't he just have big feet!