Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ronan is two months old!

I meant to post this photo of Ronan at 1 month old:

one month photo with words weight height baby picture
Ronan - one month old

But time has flown by and Ronan is already 2 months old!

Isn't he growing like crazy!?!

two month photo with words weight height baby picture
Ronan - two month old

He's much more bright-eyed now and really looks at the things around him.  He is big and tall: 81 percentile for weight and 90 percentile for height.  He's already too long for some of his 0-3 month sleepers with the feet!  His dad is 6'1" and I'm 5'6" so we are a little on the tall side so maybe he'll be tall.

He is definitely a good sleeper and eater which I'm so thankful for!  Breastfeeding has gotten much better!  Ronan weaning off the nipple shield after using it for about 3 weeks.  For some reason, I thought he might always have to use it, but looking back 3 weeks was nothing!  It took about 4 weeks for the plugged duct/lump to go away completely, but I feel good now!  Except I think I have mother's wrist from hold Ronan a lot and in the "wrong" way.  It really hurts, but I think I just need to be careful and it will go away.

Overall I feel pretty much back to normal.  I still am about 4lbs more than I was before having Ronan, but I'm not complaining especially since I really don't feel like I have worked out in forever and I don't really watch what I eat.  But it's probably time to start.

6 weeks postpartum weight loss picture
6 weeks postpartum - apparently too busy to find clothes that match :)
Last weekend was the first time we were both out without Ronan.  I missed him so much and it was only a few hours.  I had my first drink in almost a year and it was fun to go out, but honestly I couldn't wait to get back to my baby!  I've got a couple more weeks before I have to go back to work, that is going to be so hard!
8 weeks postpartum weight loss
First time out without the little guy (and first drink!)! 8 weeks postpartum 

 XOXO

11 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Girl!!!!!!!! YOu look freaking amazeballs!! Seriously! Your stomach? Redic. Good Job Mommy and that baby is cute too.

Faith said...

You look amazing girl! Wow!

And 2 months already?! Time is flying!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

our babies are growing so fast!! i love how plush he looks in his chair! (or whatever you take these darling photos in!) you look stunning! i have some envy goin on ;)

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! I'm a relatively new reader and first time Mom to a 3 week old baby boy. We are also currently using a nipple shield - any tips for weaning him off the shield? I'm eager to be done with it and any recommendations would be great. Also, what program/app did you use to create Ronan's 1 and 2 month update pictures?

Seagull said...

YOu look amazing! i still have like 30lbs to lose before i'm back to pre baby weight. Good job, girl! My little man also likes dancing to Blurred Lines - lol :)

love jenny xoxo said...

hi Anonymous - if you leave me your email I'd be happy to email you back :)

All I did to get my baby to nurse without one was just being persistent about not using one and eventually he got the hang of it. But I also knew he was getting plenty of food, which helped.
Good luck!

And I used ribbet.com to add the text to the photo - it's free and I love it!

XOXO

P!nky said...

1] he is so so cute!

2] you look amazing!

3] Love that dress! :)

Sarah Alway said...

Oh my gosh girl, you look fantastic and Ronan is such a doll. He's growing so fast and yep, it looks like he might be a tall one!

Sarah @ Life As Always

Kristin said...

You look amaze balls!!

Mrs. Match said...

You look so good! I love that you have found time to get out. Our families don't live close, so this weekend will be our first time out without him as a couple. Ronan is so cute!!
Retry much 8 weeks on has been amazing for me. It's that magic time when sleep is much better, they're starting go interact more, etc. wait til the smiles and giggles start! I can't get enough!

Melissa2005 said...

Where do you create your pictures with the text?