Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pregnancy Log - 4 Weeks Post Baby

4 weeks - sorry it's blurry!  I used the auto shooter 
Total weight gain/loss: I'm up about 5lbs from my before-baby weight, which means I've lost about 30lbs.  The weight came off quick (I did have a big baby - 8lbs 15oz!) but now it seems to be plateauing.  But I haven't started working out yet, so hopefully that will help get me back to fight shape!

Ronan is already up to 11.5lbs as of last Friday!  He's growing so fast!

Ronan at 3 weeks old - isn't he the cutest!?!
Maternity clothes? I haven't worn them since I had Ronan, except for one pair of shorts that were really comfy, but that was only the first week after I had him.  It is kinda tricky finding good outfits right after having a baby!

Stretch marks? I was fortunate not to get stretch marks during my pregnancy

Sleep: The first two nights at home were rough, but then Ronan started sleeping 3 hours at a time, then 4 hours and now he sleeps up to 5 hours at night.  Then he'll wake up for a diaper change and a quick feeding and he is back to sleep for another 2-3 hours.

Even though Ronan is sleeping pretty well, Charlie and Sawyer are exhausted!
I was so excited to be able to sleep on my belly again!  But then, I got a clogged milk duct and since then I went back to my pregnancy sleeping position - laying on my left side (my right boob is the problem one).  So much for that!

Gestational diabetes update: While I was in labor, they monitored my blood sugar and it got as low as 30.  I feel like I've also had issues with low blood sugar because when I get hungry I get weak and sick feeling.  When my blood sugar got low, they hooked my IV up with glucose to raise my blood sugar.  After I had my sweet little baby, they tested my blood sugar for the first 24 hours and then said I was back to normal and I don't have to test anymore - YAY!!!

The hospital also tested Ronan for low blood sugar for the first 24 hours (because if my blood sugars were high during pregnancy, his levels could drop too low when that is cut off) but his blood sugar was always normal so no complications!  I was very thankful he wasn't effected.

Miss Anything? I still haven't had a drink since giving birth since I'm breastfeeding.  I have had a tiny sip, which I never did during pregnancy.  I'm really looking forward to having a drink - surprisingly out of all the drinks I could have I really want a good beer - like a Fat Tire, Blue Moon or Leinenkugels - not super heavy but definitely not light either.  Although a mojito or a margarita also sound good.

Movement: Ronan still likes to kick and will push his body with his legs!  And his neck seems strong already!

Food cravings: I have been eating a lot of salads with the blue cheese I was missing during my pregnancy.

Belly Button in or out? It's back in but it seems darker in color than it was before.

Wedding rings on or off? I'm wearing my wedding ring again

Symptoms: I mentioned before that I have a plugged milk duct and I think I had mastitis too.  I've had it for 2 weeks now and it is not fun.  I got on antibiotics last Monday and I finally started feeling better yesterday.  I seriously read everything I could find about how to unclog it and tried them all but nothing seemed to work and it was so frustrating!  I still have a lump but the pain is down so I'm hoping that means I'm on the mend.  I have my postpartum doctor appointment on Friday so I'll double check on it then.

On the plus side, my nails still look good!  I've always had bad nails unless I protected them with polish, but now even without nail polish (Ronan sometimes needs to suck on a finger so I didn't think nail polish was a good idea), they look good and they are so long I have to cut them!  They would always break before I had the chance before.  I think I'm going to continue my prenatal vitamins indefinitely!

Check out my nails!
Happy or Moody most of the time: I love being a mom!  It is crazy how much I love Ronan and how I just want to hold him or even look at him all the time!  He is a sweet little guy and loves to be held and cuddled which has made it a little difficult for me to spend much time blogging :)

 Looking forward to: The rest of my maternity leave and getting to spend my entire day with my little boy.  I took 12 weeks which are flying by, and I want to spend every moment enjoying my with Ronan.

One more photo of Ronan - if you want to see (LOTS!) more, check out my instragram: lovejennyxoxo

Ronan - one month old!

XOXO

12 comments:

Life with J and J said...

Oh my! I love this post. Ronan is absolutely a cutie! Congrats on your weight loss. That is awesome!

Elle to Elle said...

You look amazing and Ronan is beautiful!!! I've taken an extremely long blogging break but this is an awesome post to see on my return. Congrats!!!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

You look great and Ronan is such a cutie!! I could totally go for a Blue Moon but still have a ways to go. I also can't wait to sleep on my belly but didn't even think that breastfeeding would get in the way. Ugh! Glad to hear everything is going well!

two birds said...

you look fabulous and ronan is of course adorable!!! i hope the duct clears up, that is never a fun thing to deal with!

J and A said...

You look fabulous and he is just such a cutie!! I hope your duct clears up fast and the 12 weeks don't fly by!!

Carolyn said...

So glad to hear that everything is going well! (except that milk duct... ouch!) Enjoy your last weeks with baby boy! :)

P!nky said...

Awwww you look so wonderful and your son is so handsome!!!

Glad everything [minues the duct] is going well!

xoxo

DeAnna Stephens said...

So awesome and you look fabulous! But, I expected nothing less! Hot mama! Now, go get a beer or 2 or 3! STAT! lol!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

this is so great! i wish i got as lucky as you in the body department! i am loving on ronan tho! we need a baby play date! hehe

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It sounds like you're doing great... well minus that clogged duct. Ek! He is adorable!

Laura Darling said...

Ronan is adorable! And I LOVE that name!!

Nat said...

Oh my gosh he is too cute!! You look great! I've been having some drinks here and there- I usually feed him a bottle during that time or wait 3 hours before feeding him again. A glass of wine now and then has been good for helping me relax and destress.