Monday, July 8, 2013

Pregnancy Log - 37 & 38 weeks pregnant

Still no baby!

I am very excited to meet my little baby boy, but I'm also ok with my pregnancy lasting for another week or two. I was two weeks late, my husband was also late, and most first time moms go late so I always assumed I would probably go passed due. My only concerns are that I will had to be induced (I'd rather go into labor naturally) or that the baby will be big because of the gestational diabetes.

 baby bump 37 weeks pregnant picture

Total weight gain/loss: just over 30lbs

Maternity clothes? Still wearing a mix, but the non-maternity clothes that used to fit fine are getting a little short now!

Stretch marks? None, hopefully I’m in the clear!

Sleep: I had a few nights in a row where it was really hard to get comfortable and stay asleep, so I figured my good luck had run out. But after that, I’ve had a few nights of some pretty solid sleep, not the best by any means but nothing to complain about either!

Gestational diabetes update: I never did the 3 hour glucose test (only the one hour) and I’m kind of wondering if I even really had gestational diabetes… I’m sure I did but maybe I was more on the borderline. This week I had/forced my husband to test his blood sugar after we ate about the same meal and his blood sugar was the exact same as mine – 113. I also tested my mom’s once after mine was a little after eating at Panera, and her’s was a little higher than 140 too, and this was a month or two ago.

Miss Anything? It was the 4th of July which is one of my favorite holidays. I honestly didn’t really miss the drinking part too much, but I do miss being able to were a bikini, hopefully next year! I did get in the lake with a tankini style suit (non-maternity, the maternity ones I found looked really matronly) and the water felt great. Also, everything is getting harder to do and I just want to relax and save my energy for the big day.

Movement: He’s still moving A LOT, which I think means he’s not ready yet

Food cravings: I don’t feel like I really had too many need-to-have-it cravings throughout my pregnancy, but in general I have wanted sweet and rich/creamy things more than usual, so I’ve liked ice cream, chocolate, fruit, peanut butter, and soy milk. Have you started to show yet: I’ve been measuring on track, so 37 cm last week and 38 cm this week, so I definitely look 9 months pregnant

Gender prediction: Confirmed for a 3rd time that it’s a boy – definitely no doubt BOY :)

Labor Signs: Not really, but as of today I’m still at 1cm dilated and 50 percent effaced

Belly Button in or out? Pretty much flat and stretched out

Wedding rings on or off? I got a little nervous and took my wedding ring off. I haven’t noticed too much swelling in my hands but I’m a little paranoid that it will get stuck or something.

Symptoms: My leg cramps at night have gotten a lot more mild, and I’m not even taking tums. Towards evening time, I feel really beat – just tired and a little sore all over. I hate bending over and I feel a lot of pressure in my face when I do, even for a few seconds.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Overall I’d say happy although I do feel like I can get emotional easily. Like when I hear that song Hey Pretty Girl by Kip Moore – makes me want to cry every time and I don’t even know why!

 Looking forward to: Having the baby, it’s going to be soon!!!



XOXO

12 comments:

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

lucky girl, I was totally unable to wear any "normal" clothes at 38 weeks! I was also 5CM dilated and 100% effaced for the final three weeks of labor. It was pretty awful. You look amazing!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

my numbers were 113 for my one hour test and i had passed... i wonder if you really have it as well! i wonder why no 3 hour test? that is odd. ive definitely heard of failing the 1 hour and passing the 3 hour.
im beginning to think our little boy will also be late, bah humbug!
we should probably just hang out and wait together, lol!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

ive been hanging out at 1cm 50% for the last week so far too! dah!

Mimi said...

this is wonderful news! congratulations to you and your husband! wishing you and your baby the best of health! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Life with J and J said...

Almost there! You look great!

Ally said...

You look fantastic! Glad you've managed some rest. It's definitely harder for me to get comfortable at night, and I miss a solid 8 hours of continuous sleep. Would you believe that I've just continued wearing bikinis? I have a bigger top than usual and wore a maternity bottom this last time I went to the pool (at 36 weeks). Now that my belly has grown exponentially in the last week or two I might not be so bold because you can really see the baby when she moves. Might really freak someone out.

Good luck in these final weeks!

DeAnna Stephens said...

You look GREAT! I guess the one thing with having to watch what you eat with the diabetes is that you didn't gain as much weight? I know when I thought I had gallbladder issues that really stop my eating frenzy :-(

Chrissi said...

those last few weeks can really drag, but it will be here before you know it! relax (as you are) as much as possible....sleep and spend time with your hubby! your life is about to be forever changed in a crazy (but fabulous) way! XO

Chrissi said...

PS, you look amazing :)

Carolyn said...

You are SO CLOSE to the end!! :) I can't wait to see the adorable little girl!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You are looking great!

Sarah Alway said...

Well you are looking freaking gorgeous as usual! It won't be long now momma!

Sarah @ Life As Always