Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pregnancy Log - 36 weeks pregnant

They are excited to become big brothers!
Total weight gain/loss: about 28lbs

Maternity clothes?  I thought I was done buying them but I gave in and got a pair of maternity jean shorts at Old Navy that were actually cute!  I had tried some on at Target and maybe some place else and they looked horrible so I figured I could do without shorts or just wear the yoga style shorts, but I've already gotten a good amount of use out of my new cut-off shorts.

And I gave in and wore wedges today (I said no more heels) because my fav flats broke!  And some of my other shoes were feeling a bit tight...!

Stretch marks? Nope (I ♥ coconut oil)

Sleep:  It’s getting a little harder to get comfy and I'm pretty tired out this week.  And it's hard getting up, some times my feet feel like I've been walking around the Mall of America all day in heels when I wake up.

Gestational diabetes update: This weekend I was pleasantly surprised with my blood sugar levels!  I ate an 8 inch sandwich from Jimmy Johns and a good amount of chips for dinner Saturday and my blood sugar was at 108 an hour later (goal is to keep it under 140).  The Sunday I ate a salad for dinner but I again had more chips than I normally would and my blood sugar was 88 which is super low.  So I’m hoping this keeps up!

Miss Anything?   Sunday we were out in the backyard all day (it was gorgeous!).  We had a bunch of Logan's family over and they were helping us with the backyard.  I pretty much did nothing except sit around, which I can't really complain about, but I felt bad.  But I am definitely getting to the point were I feel 9 months pregnant! 

But late in the afternoon Logan was popping open a beer and he asked me "Want a chair?" but I heard "Wanna share?" and I do still miss a cold beer on a hot summer day :)  But no worries, we didn't share the beer, but I did take him up on the chair!

Movement:  He's still moving around a lot in there, it's got to be getting cramped though!

Food cravings:  Ice cream, cookies, anything with chocolate and peanut butter.  And also (soy) milk has been tasting really good.

Have you started to show yet:  ummm.... yeah !

Gender prediction:  It's a boy!

Labor Signs: Not really, I have felt some cramping but I wouldn't say it was a contraction... not that I really know what that even feels like!  I went to the doctor on Friday and I'm dilated to a one and the baby moved down 2 cms since my last appointment 2 weeks prior, so things are going in the right direction.  But my doctor told me that he would most likely being seeing me again next Friday.  But I'm pretty much full term (I'll be 37 weeks on Wednesday) so feels good to be the clear!

Belly Button in or out? Flat or out

Wedding rings on or off?  I can still get my wedding ring on and off but it's getting harder to get it off

Symptoms:  My back is getting tighter and simple tasks are very getting harder - like getting up or putting on sandals.  I have a desk job, but when I'm busy moving around on the weekends my feet and legs get really tired and sore.  I hope I'm not waddling!

Happy or Moody most of the time:  I was feeling a little stressed at times before but less so now, maybe that's why my blood sugar is dropping? 

Looking forward to:  Being full term and getting closer to meeting my little boy!

baby bump 36 weeks pregnant picture
Technically 36 weeks and 6 days but I'm a procrastinator!  
XOXO

18 comments:

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

ive just started cramping too! SO bad. but i cant tell if its a cramp, a braxton hick or contraction. i know nothing! haha

P!nky said...

You look great!

WOOHOO congrats on FULL TERM!

I'm sure you don't waddle :)

Annie said...

You look so cute! Love that tank, and it's so fun to hear about what you've been going through :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

DeAnna Stephens said...

You look GREat! this is the point in pregnancy you're just READY for it to end!

Carolyn said...

You look adorable as always!! You'll be holding little baby in your arms in no time! :)

Sarah Alway said...

Oh my gosh... the photo of the dogs... priceless! And you are looking gorgeous as usual!

Sarah @ Life As Always

Laura Bear said...

Lovelove that outfit! You look so great!

Anonymous said...

I just gave birth to my beautiful girl. Not long till you do the same!xx

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

You look great! Love that top! I wouldn't mind a cold beer, either :/

Faith said...

You look so good love! So soon!

Glad to hear that you're doing well with the GD. That must be a relief!

Happy 36 weeks!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You look too cute in that outfit! How exciting that it's getting closer!

Ally said...

You look wonderful! I'm 37 weeks and have started feeling really uncomfortable too. And the tiredness is kicking in too. Definitely haven't been a very fun mom to by almost 17 month old. Hang in there...we are almost there!

Alicia Mackin said...

Ah they are adorable!! Oh yeah summer is not the funnest time to be pregnant. :O

Ali of

Dressing Ken

Style-Delights said...

You look great!! And your furry kids are just adorable!!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!
-Jyoti
Style-Delights Blog
Follow Style Delights on Bloglovin

Kristin said...

You look amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Have you chose a name yet?? I am currently 22 weeks with my first pregnancy its a boy too I love reading your blog and looking at your pics to see what I am in for!

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since she's posted? Wonder if she had the baby?

Nat said...

Looking good! Could be any day now!