Monday, June 17, 2013

Pregnancy Log - 34 & 35 weeks pregnant

Doing another double week post because I've been too busy to blog!  I had an awesome baby shower on the 8th and I was going to post all details in this post. But since then, I decided that I am going to in a separate post because there is just way too much to share!  So stay tuned...

My baby's due date was within a few days of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West baby's, which tells me I could go at any time!  I'm guessing the name will be Kay or something that starts with a Key-sound or maybe Kandice...

pregnant belly 34 weeks baby bump babybump picture
Me at 34 weeks at my baby shower!
Total weight gain/loss: about 27lbs

Maternity clothes?  Still wearing a mix, but probably more non-maternity clothes than maternity.  However, I think I’m starting to get too big for some of my tees, but I should have enough stuff that fits without having to buy any more maternity clothes.  Maxi dresses are awesome :)

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep:  Sleeping hard, and I’m still tired.  I think there were a few nights this week where I didn’t wake up at all in the night, but maybe I was just so out of it that I didn’t remember.

Gestational diabetes update: I feel like my bloodsugar is kinda all over the place, it will sometimes drop 50 points in an hour when all I’m doing is sitting on the couch.  But overall my numbers have been in range and the high readings are only slightly high.

Best moment this week:  My baby shower was awesome, more to come on this soon!

Miss Anything?   I miss a lot of things (not having to worry about bloodsugar, drinking, having a waist, having more energy, etc.) but honestly overall I don’t mind being pregnant.  Other than the diabetes, I think I’ve had it pretty easy.

Movement:  A lot of movement, mostly on my right side or at the top of my stomach, but I’ve felt some different types of movements lately in spots I don’t normally feel it.  I always wonder what is going on in there.

Food cravings:  I haven’t really craved anything too crazy…. Ice cream (hold the pickles) and chocolate but I always like that!

Have you started to show yet:  There’s no denying I’m pregnant now, but I kinda want to just because it would be funny.

Gender prediction:  twice confirmed that he’s a boy, and I have a lot of little boys clothes after my shower so he better be!

Labor Signs: Not yet

Belly Button in or out? Flat or out, kinda in between.  But I think it’s staying the same now.

Wedding rings on or off?  On, we’ve had a very cool and rainy start to summer, which is a bummer but it could be a blessing in disguise because I haven’t really had much swelling.  But I'm starting to notice a little swelling in my feet after a long day.

Symptoms:  My leg cramps at night have gotten a lot more mild, and I’m not even taking tums.  Towards evening time, I feel really beat – just tired and a little sore all over.  I hate bending over and I feel a lot of pressure in my face when I do, even for a few seconds.

The last few days I've been noticing a pinching/cramping feeling when I'm walking.  It's not a strong feeling, but definitely different than I've experienced before.

Looking forward to: I'm 36 weeks on Wednesday, so I'm in the final stretch!!!  It's crazy, but I can't wait to meet the little guy!  Until then I want to try to take it easy and prepare for the big day and bring our baby boy home.

To do:  Pack my hospital bag... could be any time now!  I'm also doing a consult with a pediatrician.

pregnant belly 35 weeks baby bump babybump picture.jpg
Baby bump - 35 weeks!

XOXO

13 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

Looking great! Are you having any Braxton hicks yet? I think mine started at this time. Maybe that's the cramping you mentioned. I can't wait to read about your shower! Yes it could be any time! I delivered at 37 weeks and 1 day. I'm still amazed it was that early. Good job packing the hospital bag now, and even better job consulting a pedi. We didn't do that and it was a mad scramble to read bios of the pediatricians while in the hospital. We lucked out and liked who we picked but a preliminary meeting would have been good. Oh in your bag, I highly recommend a pad of paper and pen to have your hubby jot things down. They tell you so much in the hospital and with zero sleep it's hard to remember it all!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

you are SO beautiful!
did you have a nautical themed shower?! we did too! also, so jelly of no stretch marks for you! that is awesome!

abhjeet kumar said...

During week by week pregnancy time health, fitness and nutrition are important to the development of your baby.Thank You for sharing it..

DeAnna Stephens said...

You look awesome! I thought the wreath said the baby's name but then I zoomed in and realized it only said Aboard :( I didn't miss a name reveal, did i?

J and A said...

You look so awesome!! You are so close, how exciting!!

Kristin said...

I can't wait to hear their babys name, probably something crazy

Sarah Alway said...

Aw, that nautical photo of you at the top is my favorite one so far! I am predicting that we'll see a post with Baby very very soon!

Sarah @ Life As Always

Carolyn said...

You're SO CLOSE!! :) Can't wait to see all about your shower!

Faith said...

SO close! SO exciting!

You look incredible girly!

Haha, I am completely picturing you saying you're not pregnant and the person turning bright red and stammering. Too funny!

Bianca De Santiago said...

How exciting!!! I just started a blog yesterday and I love it. I'm 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow!!! :) I'm having my first little boy!!!

Nat said...

You look great! I love that striped dress. Can you believe how close you are?!

Quality Child Care said...

Searching for child care programs,Please find the list of our Programs And Curricullms like Infants, Preppers, Toddlers, Kindergarten and Play Groups.

Heather Braoudakis said...

Congrats. You've long ago had your baby, but I love the detailed progress posts. Helpful for other moms and such a great way to journal your memories. I've read some week by week books and looked up blogs because I love the baby bonding/developmental information. I just started reading a book I think blows all the others away, and great for every pregnancy, not just the first. It's called “The Wonder Within You: celebrating your baby’s journey from conception to birth” by Carey Wickersham. It’s an awesome combination of week-to-week pregnancy information, what’s going on with the baby, “Did you know?” plus health advice about what to eat, cravings, nutrition, etc, BUT also with awesome 3D/4D pictures and videos you can link or QR with your phone to and see what your baby looks like at each week stage. Even better than the typical week-to-week books, and so personal! It’s got mom stories and even a journal/note section to write your personal memories and letters to your baby. The pregnancy information is as up-to-date as it gets and it’s such a great keepsake. I want to get one for everybody I know who is expecting! I highly recommend it! TheWonderWithinYou.com.