Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pregnancy Log - 30 & 31 weeks pregnant

pregnant belly 30 weeks baby bump babybump picture
Baby bump - 30 weeks 

Total weight gain/loss: about 24lbs, but my weight has been steady for almost 4 weeks.  I was on the high end, so hopefully this is a good thing.

Maternity clothes?  This week I’ve worn a lot of non-maternity clothes, which I was a little surprised they still fit.  Pants are too uncomfortable, but tops, skirts and dresses sometimes still work.

Stretch marks?  I got a scare that I was getting one, but it must just have been a line from my clothes or something because it went away – thankfully!

Sleep: I was getting way too hot, but now I’ve been using a fan sleeping much better. But I am waking up more than I used to.

Best moment this week: It was Mother’s Day weekend so it was fun to be able to spend time with my mom and mother-in-law.  Logan was so sweet and got me a Mother’s Day gift, which I’m not sure when you officially become a mom but I’m at least on the borderline!  He got me a very thoughtful card, a copy of “Good Night Moon” and a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag.  I've heard they are awesome, but I'd love more opinions.  I haven't gotten it yet because Logan knew I would want to pick out the pattern, I'm thinking this one?


Do Petunia Pickle Bottom bags live up to the hype?  Any diaper bag tips? 

My mom also got me a top maternity top for mother's day, but I lost part of her gift which I'm blaming on pregnancy brain...!  It's very frustrating sometimes!!

Logan was out of town last weekend, and I had fun with my mom running around and getting baby stuff :)

Miss anything?  I miss not having to worry about what I eat, but so far I'm doing alright with the gestational diabetes.  It seems to be manageable with diet alone.

pregnant belly 31 weeks baby bump babybump picture
Baby bump - 31 weeks
Movement:  He's really moving around now, the other night he was really kicking and I could see huge bulges in my stomach, it was so crazy!

Food cravings:  I want the foods I can't have, like muffins and donuts in the morning and ice cream in the day.  I have had a little ice cream with peanuts so the sugar is balanced with protein and fat, but I just have to be careful with the amount I eat.

Labor Signs: Nope, but sounds like I'm due for some braxton hicks contractions now

Belly Button in or out? pretty much flat but maybe a little out

Wedding rings on or off?  On - no swelling yet

Symptoms:  Definitely feeling very pregnant now, although I'm hoping that since I have to deal with gestational diabetes, I won't have to deal with other pregnancy negatives I read about in Jenny McCarthy's book like swelling, hemorrhoids, constipation, and that type of stuff.  So far the only big pains have been the diabetes, being extra tired and some rib pain, but even that isn't so bad.

Looking forward to: I'm excited for the long weekend, hopefully I'll have some nursery updates!

XOXO





13 comments:

P!nky said...

you are looking super awesome chica!!!!

xoxo

Faith said...

I'm excited to see the nursery!

You look fabulous. Glad that you're doing well.

J and A said...

You look awesome. I love that 31 week reflection pic!!! So beautiful.

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

Love that shirt:) I have to admit I can't wait to shop for NON-Maternity clothes. I'm 38 weeks and pretty much nothing fits. :-( You'll def start to feel braxton hicks soon enough.

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

You look fabulous! I love that shirt! I'm interested to hear more about the Petunia Picklebottom bags, too. I've been seeing them pop up everywhere and they are SO cute! We're getting ready to start our baby registry so I'll have to pop back over to see if anyone shares some good info.

Nat said...

You look great! Sorry you have to suffer through the GD- I almost wish I had to restrict my diet because I feel like I've been eating anything and everything these days!
I've heard really good things about Petunia pickle bottom bags- I got a bag from Pottery Barn kids that isn't too diaper bag looking that hopefully my husband can use too.

Carolyn said...

You're looking so cute!! :) I can't believe you're in the 30s already! EEK! Getting close to the end! :)

Marie a la Mode said...

Oh wow your belly's getting bigger! You look great! xo

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

you are so cute and i want to be best friends.
congratulations! when are you due? i feel like we are SUPER close! {im due 7/23}
and petunia pickle!! that is the one i was going to get! i ended up getting a kate spade purse that i told my hubby ill use as a diaper bag to justify the price, but i am still eyeing the petunia pickle box bag! wont get it before baby comes.. but someday, absolutely! :) i want the embroidered letterpress/embossed maybe? (whatever they call it) pattern in solid grey.

lisabttc.com said...

You look amazing, Jenny! I love your diaper bag! I've heard great things about that brand. I hope you like it! How neat that you feeling AND seeing so much movement! Super cool! I sure hope you don't have any other problems, since you're already dealing with GD!

Sarah and Stewart said...

I'm so glad you celebrated Mother's Day, you are definitely a mom already. :-) Also I absolutely love that diaper bag!!

Anonymous said...

Love reading your blog, best of luck with everything, all the way from Australia :)

Colleen Sullivan said...

I have a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag too and I love it! The built in changing pad is so convenient! I wrote a post all about mine a little while ago:

http://www.colleenandkeith.com/2013/02/my-diaper-bag-essentials.html