Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Pregnancy Log - 29 weeks pregnant


I met with the dietitian about my gestational diabetes last Thursday.  I was nervous to eat any sugar or too many carbs, but it turns out I wasn’t eating enough carbs so I was burning fat.  This releases ketones which is bad during pregnancy.

Now I’m on a diet where I have to eat six times a day – 3 meals and 3 snacks.  I have to eat carbs, but less in the morning and check my blood sugar 4 times a day; once in the morning before I eat anything and then an hour after every meal.  It’s kind of a pain, but it’s not that horrible, especially since I know it is for the good of my baby boy.

I have had a few numbers over the week that have been higher than they should be, but I feel like I’m still trying to figure out how foods effect me.  Like last night, I am supposed to eat 3 servings of carbs as my bedtime snack (which is the hardest time for me to eat).  I had a glass of soy milk and a very small banana, and the next morning my blood sugar was too high (96).  But last night I could sleep for a few hours, and I was stressing out about that, and stress can increase your blood sugar.  But tonight we went out for a burger (portbella for me) and fries (I was careful not to eat TOO many) and my blood sugar was low (107).  Seems like when I’m nervous about what I’m eating I’m fine, and when I’m sure it will be good that’s when I get thrown off.

I meet with dietitian again tomorrow, so hopefully I’m doing alright.  I don’t like the idea of having to get on insulin so hopefully I won’t have to.

pregnant belly 29 weeks baby bump babybump picture
29 weeks - mixing in a bare belly pic 
Total weight gain/loss: 23lbs, went down a pound from last week

Maternity clothes?  Still wearing a mix, it’s nice that it’s finally getting warmer out

Stretch marks? None yet

Sleep:  Now I get up every night, but only once so I don’t think I can complain

Best moment this week:  The beautiful 70 degree days!  Plus, taking a walk outside helps keep my blood sugar down.

Miss Anything?  I haven’t had ice cream for two weeks, and I miss that.  Hopefully I can figure things out so I can have a little here and there!

Movement:  Lots of movement!

Food cravings:  I know I can have a donut in the morning, so now I wish I could!  But I’m not missing the sweets too terribly

Gender prediction:  He’s definitely a boy

Labor Signs: Sunday I was getting weird cramping, but I laid down for a little and it went away after about 30 minutes.

Belly Button in or out?   Pretty much flat now

Wedding rings on or off?  On

Happy or Moody most of the time: I’m less cranky this week now, probably because I’m eating carbs again

Looking forward to:  Meeting with the doctor to learn more about how gestational diabetes will change my pregnancy, I have a lot of questions!

XOXO

18 comments:

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

Sorry to hear you have GB =/ I was so nervous I had it but turns out I'm just anemic. You look gorgeous! I'm a new follower:) xo

lisabttc.com said...

I'm so sorry about the GD! I hope this new plan works out for you! Sounds like you're doing good so far. You look wonderful momma!! :-)

Life with J and J said...

You have the right and positive attitude. I like that. Soon, you'll get to meet your boy and it'll all be worth it.
You look awesome!

DeAnna Stephens said...

You look amazing!! Sounds like you're managing your GB good! YAY!

The Pink Growl said...

you look gorgeous!

Sarah and Stewart said...

I just can't get over how gorgeous you look! I'm glad you're finding a way to deal with GD that works for you, and I hope it's not too much of a hassle!

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

yet again - the cutest bump going! - augh the testing my blood sugar all the time would drive me crazy - wishing u well!

Carolyn said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get it all figured out! :(

Katie said...

Hope the doc can give you some answers so you're not so stressed anymore! Praying that everything will go smoothly from here on out!

Seagull said...

Sorry to her about your GD but it sounds like you are being proactive about it! My friend who is pg with twins a week behind me also was diagnosed with it and she was telling me all about the blood draws, etc. Hang in there and know everything you are doing will help baby!

Faith said...

I hope you get it all figured out. I'm sure it's not causing you to stress any less.

You look gorgeous! Happy 29 weeks!

Mrs. Match said...

ugh I'm so sorry about the GD. It sounds complicated, but you have such a great attitude about it!
The weird cramping could be braxton hicks. Not every woman feels them, but I feel like most of us petite gals do. Good call on resting. Water helps too!
Not too much longer to go! And then your hubs needs to bring you a donut to L&D to celebrate! :-)

Nat said...

Good luck with GD girl! It does not sound fun but I think once you figure out what affects you and what doesn't it might be easier to control. I will have a donut and some ice cream for you in your honor :)

Miss Angie said...

You finally look pregnant! LOL, but you still look AMAZING and gorgeous!

That Brunette One said...

I just came across your blog! Despite the bad news you seem to have a great positive attitude and you look stunning! x

Kristin said...

My sister had those too, but thankfully they go away!

Impulsive Addict said...

Having GD is so hard during pregnancy. I know several friends who had it. But baby is healthy and you're looking good! I had both my babes at 35 weeks so get your bag packed! ;-)

JANICE G said...

hope your blood sugar will be normal again soon! looking great as always :)

the STYLE Fringe BLOG
http://the-stylefringe.blogspot.com