Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pregnancy Log - 24 weeks pregnant

pregnant belly 24 weeks baby bump babybump picture
24 weeks pregnant in my new maternity clothes and I found the jean jacket I wanted :)

24 weeks - baby is the size of a cantaloupe
24 weeks - baby is the size of a cantaloupe
How far along? 24 weeks

Baby Size: cantaloupe (According to thebump)

Total weight gain/loss: about 16lbs 

Maternity clothes?  I went out and got real maternity clothes at Motherhood.  They are so comfy, I wish I wouldn’t have held out for so long!

Stretch marks? Nope, I really like to use coconut oil.  I even started using it on my face before bed.

Sleep:  I'm sleeping well this week.  I was having crazy and vivid dreams for a while, but I haven’t really had any lately.  I miss them… Logan had a dream that we were laying around and then I reached down to touch my stomach.  The baby was already out and just lying with us, so hopefully that a sign of an easy delivery!

Miss Anything?  Blue cheese and blue cheese dressing, I can’t seem to find a replacement.

Movement:  Yup, more and more

Food cravings:  This week I’ve been enjoying Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream with extra peanut butter on the side.

Have you started to show yet:  Today two people commented on my pregnancy that didn’t know I was pregnant – one I have know for a long time and the other was a security guard at my work.  But I was very excited because this is the first time I’ve gotten any comments like that (I’ll be 25 weeks tomorrow).  So either my dress was really unflattering or I’m definitely, clearly, obviously preggers – I’m going to go with the latter.

Best moment this week:  I took the dogs for the first walk of the year (except for one walk on the frozen lake) this week.  It was sunny and in the 50s and felt so nice.  But there are still pickup trucks driving on the lake!!!  So I guess summer is still a ways away.


Maltese puppies getting a bath in the kitchen sink after a spring walk
Sawyer and Charlie went right in the sink after their walk, they were filthy!
It was also Easter, but Logan has been really sick and had to stay home.  But I still got to spend time with the fam which is always fun.  Logan has quarantined himself from me because he is afraid I’ll get sick, so even though he hasn’t left the house I miss him.

Gender:  He’s definitely a boy  

Labor Signs: No

Belly Button in or out? In, but getting shallower 

Wedding rings on or off?  On

Symptoms: I’m still having pain in my right rib, and I’m thinking more and more that it is my gallbladder – it did hurt way more than normal after the fatty foods I ate on Easter.  But I’m trying to drink extra juice and eat healthy (but my peanut butter and ice cream tonight didn’t bug me?) because there isn’t much else to do.

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy

Looking forward to: Spring, my vacation, and Logan feeling better.  I think we also have a good idea of how we are going to paint, so hopefully get that started soon and get some baby furniture.  

XOXO

25 comments:

Faith said...

You look so good! Love your outfit!

I absolutely love coconut oil too :)

All my friends said they had crazy, vivid dreams whilst pregnant.

Happy 24 weeks!

Mrs. Match said...

I swear by coconut oil! 31.5 weeks and no stretch marks yet. Fingers crossed they never show up for both of us! And even if they do, at least we smell really good and our skin is oh so soft. ;-)
Oh, and I'm still wearing my ring this late in the game, except at night, when my hands tend to curl up and then swell. But I'm hoping I get to wear it up to delivery. I feel lost without it!

So glad you caved and got yourself some maternity clothes. They really are the best!

lisabttc said...

Looking good, girl!! I love your outfit - that is so stylish! I need to go get some new maternity clothes. I have a few things, but I can't wear my normal tops anymore - so I need more! :-) Maternity clothes really are the best!!

I hope your gallbladder doesn't act up too much! I ate pretty badly over Easter, LOL. How can a pregnant woman resist?! ;-)

And I can't wait to hear more about the nursery! :-)

P!nky said...

YOU look so cute, soo soo so cute. Love the outfit!!!!

I love coconut oil too, it's the best out there.

xoxo

Dee Stephens said...

You're actually looking pregnant now!!
Good for you on the maternity clothes. It's all about comfort. I read recently that Kim K. has refused maternity clothes, but honestly, she looks AWFUL trying to dress in regular clothing. Makes her look fat, not pregnant.

Kate said...

I've been eating blue cheese, feta and goat cheese a lot lately. Every grocery store carries it pasteurized these days. Just check the label. It's written clearly :) Hope that helps with your craving for it !!

Life with J and J said...

You look great! You are definitely rocking that outfit!

Courtney said...

That picture of your pups is adorable.

Carolyn said...

I love the outfit in this week's pic! SO CUTE! :) I definitely think you look pregnant.

I can't believe you're a cantaloupe already! So crazy how fast it's going!

Susannah said...

Oh goodness, you look adorable!!! :-)

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Looking so cute!

xoxo,
The Perfect Palette

Nat said...

You look great- aren't maternity clothes the best?! Most grocery stores have pasturized blue cheese- I've been eating all the soft cheeses this whole time. I've been so bad with sweets lately- I just can't get enough.

Sarah and Stewart said...

Well you're looking adorable as always. Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream with extra peanut butter on the side?!? My mouth is watering...

LyddieGal said...

Love your stripes! and your pups are adorable - mine always needs a bath after we go for walks this time of year with all the mud around.
Chic on the Cheap

curly purplepig said...

wow you look amazing! and your dogs are too adorable!

Marie a la Mode said...

Wow that baby sure is growing fast! And can I just say I LOVE your puppies? They are so adorable, I can't even!

Katy @ HaveYouHurd said...

It's amazing what a difference maternity clothes make! I also wish I would have invested in mine (especially pants) sooner! You look freaking adorable :)

Milex said...

you are talented

JANICE G said...

you look great! keep it up and wow to coconut oil! i will definitely keep that in mind ;)

the STYLE Fringe BLOG
http://the-stylefringe.blogspot.com

Val said...

You seriously look incredible and those pups are so cute!!

Gabi from Velvet Avenue said...

You look fantastic! Very pretty!
Kisses, Gabi
http://velvetavenue.blogspot.com

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

loven' ur belly! - and OMG trucks ON the lake! - cray cray

Karrine Beasley said...

Nawwww those puppies! Love love love!!!
As for that jean jacket - cute!!!
:)
xx

Ally said...

Glad to find your blog! I'm 26 weeks pregnant and love reading pregnancy updates and whatnot. Such an exciting time! I never got stretch marks with my first and am hoping for the same luck with this baby.

Rosie Mason said...

Wow you look amazing in your pregnancy time. Your outfit is really nice.When i was pregnant i looked fatty not so good.Your post is really nice.
Surrogacy in India