Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April *snow* showers

We've been having a very cold, snowy spring that feels like an extra long winter.  I live in Minnesota, so I'm sure some of you think I'm asking for it, but trust me, it's not always this bad.

Last spring was amazing, we didn't get any snow after February and we were on the boat by the end of March.  The lake is still very frozen this year and we've had tons of snow in APRIL!  

Anyways, although I'm obviously bitter about spring being delayed, I will admit that the snow can be beautiful.  Here are some photos I took yesterday, trying to see the bright side.

snow in minnesota prior lake april 2013 picture
 
snow minnesota prior lake april 2013 picture

snow minnesota oak tree prior lake april 2013 picture

snow minnesota evergreen prior lake april 2013 picture

snow minnesota frozen tree prior lake april 2013 picture


It was way too cold out (at least for April when it should be 60) so I took all the pictures from inside my house or my car in the last picture.  

And it should be in the 70s by Friday... yay spring!

XOXO

10 comments:

Courtney said...

I live in Colorado and we've been experiencing the same thing. It's completely throwing me off too because I keep thinking it's February and it BLOWS MY MIND May is next week.

Faith said...

Beautiful pictures! Can't believe that so many are still experiencing snow. Completely blows my mind!

Claire Kiefer said...

It's been super gorgeous in the Bay Area lately, but I have to admit these pictures make me a little jealous of snow!

Marie a la Mode said...

Jenny, I feel you! We've had a terribly long winter in Alberta, too, with snow in April! Finally it's melting and we're getting some warmer weather but it snowed just last weekend. Thank God it didn't last long! I hope we don't see that white stuff for a long time!

Sarah and Stewart said...

Wow! Apart from it being cold, at least you have something pretty to look at. :-)

Anonymous said...

Having read this I believed it was rather informative. I appreciate you taking
the time and effort to put this content together.
I once again find myself spending a lot of time both reading and commenting.
But so what, it was still worthwhile!

Here is my web blog; http://kst.dev.footsteps-cms.nl

Val said...

Whoa - that is seriously beautiful. I miss the snow.

javediqbal said...

Title:
The Best High Returns on Best Investment
Content:
Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
For More Details click the link below:
Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum
Web Link:
http://www.whatacash.com

Display Name: whatacash

JANICE G said...

wow can't believe it's still snowing in april. beautiful snow though.

the STYLE Fringe BLOG
http://the-stylefringe.blogspot.com

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

The photos look AMAZING! What camera do you use? Hope it warms up for you though.