Thursday, March 28, 2013

South Beach Tips and Summer Styles

I'm getting out of Minnesota and going to South Beach, Florida, where is will be sunny and beautiful!


I've never been to Miami/South Beach before -- Any tips on where to go?!


I'll be almost 7 months pregnant, so the outfits could be a little tricky.  But I'm still lusting after certain styles for my vacation and for this summer.

Nautical Dress

I have mentioned that I want to do a nautical nursery, but I love all the cute nautical clothing too!  Seems so perfect for a boat ride around Miami.  In past years, I never got into maxi dresses but this year I love them.  Maybe I'm behind on this trend, but I think it's because they look super comfy but still cute!

Nautical Maxi dress chevron dress navy and white picture
nautical chevron maxi dress - navy & white 
Update! My friend found this dress (that I found on Pinterest but couldn't find where to buy) at Vineyard Vines, but it's out of stock :(

Denim Jacket

If I'll be stocking up on maxi dresses, I think I need to get a cute jean jacket so I can wear them more often. I had a denim jacket that I LOVED but I lost it years ago, so I think it's high time I invest in a new one.  Not that they are expensive, I just want to find one that I love because I'll probably wear it a lot.


via forever 21

Aviators 

They are so classic cool and look great with beachy waves.

Via

Pastel Blues & Greens 

I'm also finding myself drawn towards the light blue/green colors, but I wasn't sure what to call it?  "Grayed jade," aqua, teal, turquoise, mint, Tiffany blue, sea glass.... I love them all!  And I think I like the high-low dresses, but I'm not sure how they will look with my big belly :)

Via Charlotte Russe

What do you want to wear this summer?!


XOXO

16 comments:

Megan said...

New to your blog so just catching up- congrats on your pregnancy, you look great! Enjoy your vacay in the sun!!

Carolyn said...

You'll have so much fun in South Beach! And you'll look adorable in all those looks! I need a new jean jacket too!!!

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh yes, all of these are great for a trip to Florida! And all can work for maternity style :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Mrs. Match said...

Definitely pack some of those maternity spanx undies. They're so handy under dresses, and they support the bump, and keep your thighs from sticking together when you're overheated. Have a safe trip! And I think you're on the right track with comfy dresses. Also maternity capris are great!

This summer I am not sure what will fit, after the little guy gets here. Hopefully I can find some dresses to hide leftover baby fat but still look cute!

Kim Alston said...

Have a great time in South Beach! I've been! Everything is awesome on Ocean Drive! Great boutiques, clubs and outdoor restaurants. I also enjoyed Coconut Grove.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

JANICE G said...

i am super jealous of you going to the beach in florida! have fun and be safe :)

the STYLE Fringe BLOG
http://the-stylefringe.blogspot.com

P!nky said...

miami is super fun, be ready to stare at all the randos though.

LOVE your summer picks, so pretty!

You are going to be a stylish mamatobe!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

That chevron is sooo cute!

Susannah said...

I've never been there either! I hope you have a blast! I love the nautical looks! :-)

Sarah and Stewart said...

I've never been to south beach either but regardless you absolutely have to buy that nautical dress, it's gorgeous!!

Marie a la Mode said...

You're so lucky! Have fun! xo

Val said...

The first and last dress - I need in my life.

LyddieGal said...

i want to wear them all - love the chevron maxi and mint green dress!
Chic on the Cheap

Madison Parker said...

Last spring, my girlfriends and I went on the most relaxing vacation in the Florida Keys. We found an incredible rental in the awesome Ocean Reef Community in Key Largo. Elaine knew Bob from Swenson & Ecuyer Realty and he found us this perfect condo right on the breathtaking Marina. Bob and his team provided excellent concierge service, that catered to our every needs. We did everything... scuba diving, tennis, sailing, golfing, etc.. The experience was amazing! You should check them out at www.swensonrealty.com or call 3053673600.

Seafood Restaurants said...

I love your summer pics, i am enjoying ur blog post.

Cindy Dy said...


I enjoy most of your articles,the articles are so nice for readers.

Mario
www.gofastek.com