Monday, March 25, 2013

Pregnancy Log - 23 weeks pregnant

23 weeks pregnant belly - baby bump picture
23 weeks baby bump - Sawyer always insists on being in the picture (or he will whine, scratch my legs or give me sad puppy face) but I also got Charlie is there.  I think I'll have my hand full in a few months!
23 weeks - baby is the size of a grapefruit
23 weeks - baby is the size of a grapefruit
How far along? 23 weeks

Baby Size: Grapefruit (According to thebump1lb 5oz according to my ultrasound

Total weight gain: about 14lbs 

Maternity clothes?  I’ve picked up a few things, but mostly stuff for summer weather.  I’m hoping it’s warmer soon (although I saw a few giant trucks still driving on the lake this weekend!!!), and that I won’t really need maternity jeans.  Until then I’m wearing leggings (with my dresses) and a pair of jeans I got about a year ago from Express that happen to have an elastic waistband – they were on clearance and I didn’t wear them much until now, but I’m glad I got them!  Does anyone have suggestions on where I can find some cute jeggings?

Stretch marks? Nope, I’m using Palmer's Cocoa Butter and regular coconut oil

Sleep:  I was super tired again this week, but I’m sleeping well


Logan's 30th Birthday!  
Best moment this week: Logan had his 30th birthday this week!  We had a party for him on Friday so I got to see a lot of our friends and family, which is always fun!  

I also had another ultrasound this week and brought my mom.  It was fun getting to see my little boy again and share it with mama.  All they had to check was that the umbilicord cord had two arteries, so it was pretty quick.  And I had her double check that he was still a boy, because I’ve heard stories and I don’t want all this planning to be a waste.  But he’s definitely still a boy so I think I’m good to plan!

Miss Anything?  Having a waist line :)

Movement:  I’m able to feel him more and more.  Logan felt him a little on his bday, but he still hasn’t felt one of the really hard kicks.

Food cravings:  I made Logan’s favorite dessert for his birthday which is a big, fresh, still warm cookie with ice cream on top.  It was so good I wanted more so I made it again this weekend.

Have you started to show yet:  For sure, but I still haven’t had any strangers comment or any special treatment, so maybe it’s not as noticeable as I feel like it is.

Belly Button in or out? In, but getting flatter 

Wedding rings on or off?  On


Our little guy had his face covered but
got a good shot of his little foot
Symptoms:  My right rib is still hurting.  I asked the doctor about it on Friday and he said he thought I most likely stained one of the muscles between my ribs.  He said that is also where my gallbladder is, but he thought it was unlikely that was the problem.  However, my grandma and a lot of other women in my family had gallbladder issues and my grandma needed surgery on it when she was pregnant.  

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy

Looking forward to:  I think we picked a name (probably 90% sure on it now) and have figured out how we are going to paint the nursery (navy accent wall with the rest of the walls white).  Hopefully we can start painting this coming weekend.

XOXO

21 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

I'll be interested to see what your pain is!

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

are u taking the inspiration from the old Domino mag with the yellow stripped ceiling? - b/c that nursery is is actually my office! - haha - LOVE the look! - and ur still looking amazing!

P!nky said...

You look so cute :)! And love the pictures with the puppy!

Hope your pain goes away quickly

Courtney said...

I can't wait to hear the name!

Carolyn said...

You look SO CUTE! :) Cooper tries to get in my pictures too. :)

I'm with you on wanting the weather to warm up! I have heard that the jeggings from Kiki La Rue are amazing and are low cut enough that they work with the preggo belly! I haven't bought any, but I've heard good things!

Love and Ace said...

Thanks for sharing these photos - you are glowing and so beautiful! x, Kat

Love and Ace

Nat said...

You look great! Maybe look from some jeggings from Old Navy? I have some jeggings from A Pea in the Pod which I love, I'm not sure how expensive they are but some Macys dept stores carry Pea in the Pod and you can find great sales.
Can't wait to hear your name- we still have no decision on a name!! I'm starting to get antsy but my husband just can't decide!

Life with J and J said...

You definitely have the glow! Looking good!

Alexa said...

Awww so exciting we are both at the same stage! Glad you are feeling well and you look fantastic!

Sarah and Stewart said...

Lookin' good girl!

Mrs. Match said...

I swear by the coconut oil! So far no stretch marks here either and I'm at 30 weeks (fingers crossed they never show up!)
fingers crossed that the rib pain is just normal pregnancy stuff. I've had pain in my right rib and right side off and on this whole pregnancy. Now that my guys is a lot bigger, and I can tell where he is, he greatly favors the right side, so I think that explains mine. Maybe the same goes for your lil man. :-) Looking forward to nursery updates!

LeeLee said...

So cute. Congrats!

Tia said...

You look great!! One of these days I am going to be brave enough to do a bare belly pregnant pic.

April said...

Can't wait to hear the name and see the nursery! Those two things always made my pregnancies a major reality. :o)

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Such cute pictures!!

Val said...

23 weeks....So awesome. Grapefruit never looked so cute,

LyddieGal said...

You look great - hope you get to get your nursery done!
Chic on the Cheap

Susannah said...

You're so adorable! I love the bump! :-)

Elle Sees said...

i can't wait to see the nursery!

lisabttc said...

You look so cute!! Aww, your puppy is cute, too. :-) I've noticed my kitties are needing more attention since I'm pregnant! Isn't that funny!

Ooh and so exciting that you feel more movement - yay!! I'm still waiting to feel my baby boy for sure. I thought I felt a couple random sensations, but it's not clear yet.

So glad you're doing well momma! :-)

Stephanie G said...

oh wow it's so great that you keep a pregnancy log ;) been telling my girlfriend to do this so i'm going to point her your way. you look amazing!

steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com