Monday, February 4, 2013

Pregnancy Log - 16 weeks pregnant

16 weeks - baby is the size of a avocado
16 weeks - baby is the size of a avocado
How far along? 16 weeks

Baby Size: Avocado (According to babycenter)

Total weight gain/loss: about 3-4lbs

Maternity clothes?  Not yet, a lot of dresses with tights or my jeans with a belly band.  But today I was still able to comfortably wear pants buttoned, they must have been a looser pair :)

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep:  I'm having a harder time getting comfortable sleeping on my stomach, so those days are probably almost over.

Best moment this week:  Playing with my new camera has been fun!  Otherwise this week has been pretty uneventful.

Miss Anything?  Not really, but a dark beer sounds really good at times, like while watching the Super Bowl

Movement: I don't think so.  I experienced something that felt like a muscle twitch, but only once and it didn't feel like the first movements I've heard people describe.  Hopefully soon!

Food cravings:  Apples still always taste good, but I've been wanting some of my mom's cheesecake :)

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Friday evening I felt really nauseous, probably the closest I've come to throwing up (except on Thanksgiving morning, which was before I knew).  I had some Sierra Mist and saltines, which I've never had to do before, and I felt a lot better.  We had gotten a pizza, but I could only manage to eat an apple (I ate my share of the pizza the next day). 

Have you started to show yet: Sometimes when I feel my stomach with my hands it seems HUGE, then I look in the mirror and think it barely looks like anything.  But I can definitely tell.

Gender prediction:  This weekend I had an extremely vivid dream about having the baby - the kind you wake up from and still think it was real - and in the dream the baby was a boy.  I've had two other dreams before this one, and they were both that I was having a girl.   

Labor Signs:  No

Belly Button in or out?  In but it's getting less oval and more round

Wedding rings on or off?  On 

Symptoms: My round ligament pain has gone way down, but I'm still tired out

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy and less moody this week :)

Looking forward to:  I scheduled my ultrasound (when we should be able to find out the sex of the baby) and it's in less than 3 weeks!  Can't wait!

I slacked on the picture this past week - I've tried to keep it consistent and you can see the bump a lot better with the tight, black clothes - but here it is in regular clothes.

16 week pregnant belly - baby bump picture
My 16 week baby bump!

XOXO

13 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

Holy cow girl, you're so teeny still! But you look great, and I bet you'll pop around 20 weeks or so.
Finding out the gender is so exciting! It makes the pregnancy feel that much more real.
Oh the pregnancy dreams are insane! Last night I dreamed I was being chased by a guy with a samari sword, after another dream that we were having twins, and the Dr just forgot to mention it til now. ACKKK!

Faith said...

Ahh you look gorgeous! I can't wait to know what you're having! Less than 3 weeks, woohoo!

Love that you're having fun playing with your camera.

Happy 16 weeks!

Dee Stephens said...

YAY for finding out the sex! Such a special moment!! Also, when you want a beer try an ODouls. They really aren't that bad! I could never drink more than 2 but it at least makes you feel normal!

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

can't wait for sex - do u prefer 1 over the other?

J and A said...

Look at you! So adorable!! :) Followed you back! :)

erica said...

congratulations!!! how exciting! You are still so teeny tiny! xx

Sarah and Stewart said...

I saw the pic of that avocado in my feed and got really hungry... LOL. You look so adorable!

Life with J and J said...

You are starting to show a tiny bit and you look GREAT!!! Looking forward to finding out about the baby's gender.
Don't worry about the tired thing. It should pass soon. The second trimester (in comparison to the others) IS the best one! I realized that when I was in my 3rd trimester.
Enjoy it as much as you can and do let your hubby help out whenever he offers! Its one of the last few times you'll be able to be selfish until the baby arrives :-).

Nat said...

You are still so tiny you look great! I think I really popped out around week 19- now that I'm 20 weeks there is no denying that I am pregnant. That awful nausous feeling is the worst- I am so happy to be past that point but I've had it pop up a few times since then.

Nat said...

PS- can't wait until you find out the gender- I'm thinking girl for you since everyone else I know this year is having a boy! It's time for some pink!

emma said...

so exciting! i've never been pregnant, but i can't wait to experience it. you look so good!

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

What a cute cute little bump! I hear that most pregnant women think they're WAY BIGGER than everyone else thinks they are - so maybe it's not such a little bump to you :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I love your little piece of Internet! I'm your newest fan and follower!

Brooke
silverliningtheblog.com

Brittany LeSueur said...

I love this idea for a pregnancy log!! You are super cute! Pregnancy looks so good on you!!