Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Gender Reveal!!! Pregnancy Log - 19 weeks pregnant

Friday was the big day and...



My family and friends were right, it’s a boy!  My hubby and I kinda thinking it would be a girl, and most of the gender predictors pointed that way, along with your guesses.  But I did have a very clear dream that I had a baby boy, so maybe that’s the best predictor?

So now that we know, we spent the weekend talking about boy's names and looking at ideas for the little guy's room.  Definitely feels more real after seeing the baby and know he's a boy!  So nice to be able to call the baby "him" instead of "it."  Hopefully we'll have a name picked out soon!  I thought we had boys names narrowed down, but since we've found out we are having a boy, we've been talking about a bunch of other baby names.

One thing we were sure about was if we are having a boy, we wanted to do a nautical themed nursery. So we went and got a bunch of paint samples over the weekend, but I can't decide how dark of a blue to go...

Bring on the blue
19 weeks - baby is the size of a large tomato
19 weeks - baby is the size of a large tomato

How far along?  19 weeks

Baby Size: The baby is now 10 oz according to the ultrasound, and the size of an heirloom tomato (According to babycenter)

Total weight gain/loss: about 8lbs

Maternity clothes?  Still wearing my non-maternity dresses and tights

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep: Still sleepy, but I've been sleeping pretty well

Best moment this week: Having the long awaited ultrasound and getting to see my baby looking like an actual baby.  I was nervous about my appointment, I didn't do any of the early screenings so it was the first time I would get confirmation that our baby was healthy.  And I was very excited to find out what the baby’s gender, I don’t know how people can wait until the delivery.

Miss Anything?  Not too much

Movement: At my ultrasound, the baby didn't want to move much for us, but they gave me some sugary juice and that seemed to do the trick.  I can feel the baby moving more and more, hopefully Logan will be able to soon.  I learned that I have an anterior placenta, which makes it harder to feel the baby move.  I always feel movement in the same place (on one side) and the ultrasound tech said that it was because the placenta wasn't covering that section.

Food cravings:  I had really good Italian on Saturday night at one of my favorite restaurants  so I was looking forward to that, but no big cravings.  Still love to eat apples and I've been enjoying a carton of cookie dough ice cream.

Have you started to show yet: My belly is really growing!  Looks a lot bigger this week than last week

Gender prediction:  No more guessing, definitely a boy!

Labor Signs: No

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off?  On

Symptoms: Some lower back pain

Looking forward to: Now that we know it’s a boy I’m ready to get ready for our baby… figuring out a name, getting the nursery painted and all the decor, and all the other fun stuff.  Lot’s to do, but it should be fun!

19 weeks pregnant belly - baby bump picture

XOXO

27 comments:

J and A said...

YAY Congrats!! So exciting. Now for all the fun planning! As always, you look great!

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

EKKKKKKKKKK - yay - congrats - and hey it's better to have a boy first anyway to protect his lil sister :o) *yup i'm predicting ur having another one and it's gonna be a girl* - let the FUN begin!!!

Faith said...

yay! so exciting! Congrats!!

Faith said...

p.s. this is what i wrote on your gender guess post:

"i think you look gorgeous but i am always wrong with my gender guesses, haha.

i cannot wait to find out what you're having ... BUT if i must guess, i'm saying girl!

this just means it's a boy, haha ;)"

hilarious, right?! =)

Ashley said...

Geez I think everyone who is due around the same time as you is having a boy! lol But congrats!! He is one lucky baby boy! Love the nautical idea!

Kate said...

Yay, yay, yay!!!!! I'm so excited for you! We're having a boy too... love me some boy mom bloggers these days ;) CONGRATS!!!!

Kate said...

Yay, yay, yay!!!!! I'm so excited for you! We're having a boy too... love me some boy mom bloggers these days ;) CONGRATS!!!!

Marie a la Mode said...

Congrats! How exciting! I have two young nephews and they're so much fun!

Sarah and Stewart said...

Wahoo, congratulations!! Love all those blue color swatches! :-)

Rachel Lynne said...

Congrats! Some of best friends just had a boy and he is such a charmer! You look SO amazing at 19 weeks!

Life with J and J said...

Awesome! Congratulations!!! That is so exciting.

Nat said...

Yay a boy!!! I swear this is the year of boys! One of my friends just gave birth and it was a surprise and it was a boy! I don't know anyone having a girl this year!
Don't worry we have NO IDEA about boy names- right now we just refer to him as baby boy and I'm afraid that's going to be his name!
I just painted our dining room Hale Navy- it's a very deep navy but it's an awesome color. I also just did our powder room in feather gray and it would be a great color for nursery! (they're both by Benjamin moore but you can get them color mixed anywhere)
Can't wait to see what you decide to do!

Carolyn said...

OMG! You look so cute!! :) How exciting that you know it's a boy! Bring on the nursery decorating!! :)

Angela said...

Yayyyyy congrats! I got it wrong so it's seems there is a baby BOY boom!! X

tara said...

aww yay!!!! congrats!!

Lady B said...

YEAA!!! A beautiful baby boy. We are also having fun starting the nursery and throwing around names :)

Sixth Tractate said...

Lovely post + pictures! I love your blog. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

sixthtractate.blogspot.com

JustMe said...

Just found your blog. I love your weekly updates. Congrats on having a boy! And can I just say you look amazing at 19 weeks? Good for you!! :)

Heather said...

Awww congrats on having that boy - now to excited for the planning the nursery, etc! SO FUN!

XO
Pearls & Paws

Dee Stephens said...

congrats again!! Such an exciting time. Treasure every moment and take lots of pictures.

April said...

Congrats!! As a momma to 2 boys, you are going to love it!! I wouldn't know what to do with a little girl ... except shop! My poor hubby would go batty with all the closet space we would need!

Seagull said...

very exciting! mine is tomorrow and i'm also thinking boy :)

Jennifer Fabulous said...

GAHHHH!!!! Look at your lil bump! This is so exciting, Jenny. You're radiant and beautiful, just like a mom-to-be should be. Congrats on your new baby boy. Have fun thinking up names. :)

JANICE G said...

this is exciting! congrats to you for a boy!

the STYLE Fringe BLOG
http://the-stylefringe.blogspot.com

Kat said...

Congrats! We just found out we're having a boy as well. Both half way now... very exciting!

lisabttc said...

Sorry I'm late getting to this post!
Wow, Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!! I totally thought girl :-) You look fabulous, and I'm so excited to keep following along as you prepare for your little prince! :-)
xo

Katie said...

I know I'm late to the party, but yayyyy!! A little boy! Can't wait to see all the cute little boy things along the way. :) Congratulations!