Thursday, February 7, 2013

Charlie and Sawyer's Drunken Rampage!

See orginal post here
In case you missed it, I made a tabloid-style pregnancy announcement and one of our stories was "DRUNKEN RAMPAGE! Charlie and Sawyer hit the bottle after hearing the news."

So here's the story...

After finding out they would be getting a new brother or sister, Charlie and Sawyer broke into the liquor cabinet, stole the car and went joy riding.  Before you know it, they picked up a bunch of bitches and totally trashed the house.  Now I know where the phrase booze-hound comes from!

Haha, ok that was pretty bad, and my sweet little angels would never get into trouble!

Charlie and Sawyer are always up for a photo shoot (which you probably know if you follow me on instragram) and I thought a lot of their photos turned out super funny so I wanted to share them.

Here was the one I choose for the announcement, even though they are supposedly being naughty, they still look so innocent to me:


At first I was only going to have Charlie pose for this shot:


But two is always better when it comes to puppies:


And they were sleepy, which I think is the best time to take pictures, so they looked hungover in a few.... it's a ruff life:


All joking aside, I'm a little nervous about how Charlie and Sawyer will feel about the new baby.  I think they will grow to love him/her, but honestly they are a little spoiled right now.  Sawyer is especially needy and gets jealous if I'm giving Charlie extra attention.  So while I'm sure they will never be neglected, I'm a little nervous about the adjustment period.

Any tips on how to help spoiled rotten dogs adjust to a new baby?

I've heard it is good to to get the dogs used to the new smells -- either by putting (clean!) diapers around the house or bringing home a baby blanket the night before bringing the baby home.  Did you do anything that worked?

XOXO


29 comments:

Lindsay @ Bella Cene said...

This is too funny!! lol

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

i LOVE them!!!! - i think Maltese's are really good with kids! - i've had one every since i was a baby - but i don't know about when a 'new baby' comes along - not a Mommy yet - but i think they will be OK .. they'll be kissing the baby up in no time!

Elle Sees said...

I've heard the same thing with the baby blanket. My Charlie loves baby socks and will take them right off feet!

Marie a la Mode said...

Oh my God these pics are so cute! LOL

Amanda Schroeder said...

How funny! I LOVE that magazine thing. Looks so real!

we&serendipity

Sarah and Stewart said...

I have always wondered about pets and new babies and everyone getting along. You'll have to keep us updated on how it turns out!

Kate said...

Ohmygoodness those photos are awesome! There are some great articles on introducing dogs to babies but I can't seem to find the one I was looking for now. While we've never brought a baby home, my nothing-has-ever-been-this-needy dog has learned to love us bringing foster puppies (little attention grabbers) and family member's babies and young children home and we've found some tricks for that if you need them!

Kate said...

Ohmygoodness those photos are awesome! There are some great articles on introducing dogs to babies but I can't seem to find the one I was looking for now. While we've never brought a baby home, my nothing-has-ever-been-this-needy dog has learned to love us bringing foster puppies (little attention grabbers) and family member's babies and young children home and we've found some tricks for that if you need them!

Mrs. Match said...

I'm nervous as well, especially since my dog will be 10 years old and is quite the grumpous sometimes!
I have heard the blanket that smells like baby us a really good trick. Also I'm planning in just having baby stuff around him, and maybe even walking him with the empty stroller when we get it, so he gets used to the idea. I will let you know how it goes since I'm a few months ahead of you. :-)

J and A said...

These photos are priceless! How did you make the magazine cover? I love it.

Kristin said...

Frappy is not going to be happy one day either!

(Eileen) a creative day said...

So cute!!!

tara said...

lol. they are seriously out of control! hope they calm down before baby comes! ;)

Ira Kharchenko said...

Lol! I love the pics:)

Check out my blog: http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de

Val said...

Best post, ever!!! I'm still laughing.

Val said...

Best post, ever!!! I'm still laughing.

Val said...

Best post, ever!!! I'm still laughing.

Val said...

Best post, ever!!! I'm still laughing.

Val said...

Best post, ever!!! I'm still laughing.

Val said...

Best post, ever!!! I'm still laughing.

Life with J and J said...

Awww your dogs are so cute. We don't have pets but my friend did the blanket thing. She said it helped a little.

Faith said...

I'm obsessed those pictures! Charlie and Sawyer are the cutest.

I often think about how my fur babies will react to a baby in the future. I hope that you get great advice to help you prepare :)

Brady and Jamie Sefcik said...

What a clever idea! Your pups are adorable :)

xoxo Jamie

erica said...

haha awwww they're the cutest! xx

Nat said...

I have no idea what I'm going to do with our puppy! She's so attached to me, I'm screwed. Everyone keeps telling me you have to bring the baby blanket home first so they can smell it and get used to the scent.
PS- that story is hysterical

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

LOL This is the cutest post I've seen in a long time. I love it! How creative!!! Your furbabies are a hoot. Do I need to take them to AA this morning?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That is hilarious! What a fun announcement!

Carolyn said...

OMG! I love this! :) So funny! I hear ya on being nervous about the pups and the baby. Hopefully your pups (AND MINE!) love the little babies!

Ms Daisy said...

Love it! Would you please tell me how you did it? Is there an app?