Monday, January 7, 2013

Paradisus Playa del Carmen “La Perla” - Vacation in Mexico

In November, Logan and I had a quick get away to Playa del Carmen and stayed at the lovely Paradisus Playa del Carmen “La Perla.”  Now that it's January and I live in Minnesota, it's nice looking back at our sunny Mexico vacation.  The weather was PERFECT, a little warmer than normal in the high 80s with a nice breeze off the ocean!

 Paradisus Playa del Carmen “La Perla” picture
Arriving at the  Paradisus Playa del Carmen “La Perla” in Mexico

Paradisus La Perla is an adults-only (with a family side on the other half of the resort) all inclusive resorts.  It’s also brand new and beautifully decorated – I wanted to bring home all the furniture.

Lots of cool open-air lounge areas to relax

cool hanging wicker chairs for lounging
A couple of these chair would be awesome in my backyard...!

And so would these Cabanas ... {shoon!!!}

best beach loungers
purple sculptures that light up outdoor
I loved these purple sculptures - so pretty!
The food was pretty good, but a little fancy for my taste - at least for Mexico.  I just want lots of black beans, rice, chips and salsa.  But they did have a lot of really good fresh fruit and veggies and really good guacamole (which is pretty much my favorite food ever).

fresh guacamole in mexico chips and salsa
Fresh guac and salsa... yum!
Our room was pretty sweet!  It had a private hot tub on the balcony and a big jacuzzi in the room.  And no, it's not real fish, but it was still pretty cool looking.

Our room at the Paradisus Playa del Carmen “La Perla” resort
Our room at the Paradisus Playa del Carmen “La Perla” resort
So if you are thinking about going to Playa del Carmen and wondering where you should stay, here's a quick review what I liked and didn't like about the Paradisus La Perla:

What I loved:
  • Beautiful rooms
  • Gorgeous decor throughout the resort
  • Very new and modern
  • A variety of restaurants with fancy food
  • Lovely white sand beach 
What I would change:
  • The ocean wasn't visible from the pool or most of the hotel - maybe this is a Playa thing? - but I would have loved being able to see the beach more
  • I wish they had floaties for the pools (Sandals spoiled me) - maybe bring your own :)
  • We had "Royal Service" which comes with a butler and some other features which I would say you could skip - but I'm not really a butler type person
  • Not much of a Mexico vibe 
So overall, great resort - you can see my negative list is pretty petty and personal taste things, so I would definitely recommend this resort to someone looking for a modern, upscale and gorgeous beach getaway.

Here's a few more photos from the trip

on the beach at playa del carmen  la perla white sand
Love white sand beaches!
Out to dinner at the resort Paradisus La Perla
Out to dinner
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla resort mexico.JPG

XOXO

14 comments:

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

place looks FABULOUS! - i think soon as i lose this weight - VACATION IT IS!

Marie a la Mode said...

I am drooling over those tortilla chips with fresh salsa and guacamole! I swear I could eat that combo every single day if I had to! Great photos! I've been to Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and Huatulco but not Playa Del Carmen, maybe that will be our next venture!

Faith said...

i want to go, i want to go, i want to go!

looks sooo beautiful. your pictures are amazing. looks like you had such an incredible time!

i'm completely convinced that i need sun and a beach right now!

Married...with a Pup said...

Ahhhh love your pictures! I have never been to Mexico before but would love to go. My two requirements would be all inclusive and a lot of fresh guac. Anything after that would be icing on the cake for me.

Sarah and Stewart said...

Oh wow, that looks like an amazing trip and I have heard wonderful things about Playa del Carmen - was it very expensive?

Angela said...

Oh wow gorgeous pictures, we went to Riviera Maya a couple of summers ago but visited playa del Carmen, most relaxing vacation ever! Xx

Val said...

What an amazing vacation spot. Love your pics.

Kathy C. said...

Beautiful pics! Looks like you had an amazing vacation! Welcome back home!

Elle Sees said...

i went to cancun a couple of times and LOVED it. gorgeous pics.
i did review that mascara you mentioned in a past blog. just search. it's good stuff too. have a great weekend :)

Heather said...

This makes me excited for my trip to Punta Cana in February - these pictures are fabulous!

XO
Pearls & Paws

Meg {henninglove} said...

what a great place to visit and i would love to visit the resort right now in january to thaw out a bit!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

God that looks like it was an amazing vacation!

Matthew Schilowitz said...

It is the great destination to steal away with some precious moment with your beloved and experience some joyous movement together.


Playa Del Carmen Resorts

Cameron Wieght said...

Wow Supper blog! Good that looks like it was an amazing vacation! vacation rental playa del carmen