Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Minnesota Love

Minnesota is the "least miserable state" or what I just call the happiest state, according to Bloomberg.  Now that's even more true since the Vikings are dominating and Green Bay is sucking.  I know, I know, it's all the replacement refs fault... but in the words of my sister:

As a Vikings fan I don't feel too bad for the fans complaining that the refs ruined the game. While that may be true, I'd rather have bad calls in game 3 than in the NFC championship. #stillbitterfrom2009
~Shauna Bomb

Minnesota grown tee minnesota girl casual cutoffs picture
Me and my sister (Shauna Bomb) - me representing Minnesota in my Minnesota Grown tee from Minnesota Apparel  
I have lived in Minnesota my entire life, except for 2 years when I went to college at UWEC and I am definitely a Minnesota girl through and through.

Sure it is cold here sometimes, but we have so much to offer.  Tons of lakes (90,000 miles of shoreline which is more than California, Florida and Hawaii combined... whoa right!?) and the biggest mall in the US (Mall of America, of course)... what more does a girl need?

Since I love my state, I was very excited to receive "Minnesota Grown" tees from Minnesota Apparel.  I love representing my state, and they tees are super soft, fit great and are very comfy - definitely my favorite t-shirt.  My hubby loves his too (nothing better than a Minnesota guy!).  Check out www.minnesotaapparel.com to get your Minnesota Grown tees if you are Minnesotan and proud of it!
Logan wearing his Minnesota Grown tee
Q: What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a Minnesotan?

I love hearing about stereotypes of Minnesotans, I think they are hilarious so don't hold back.  I'll even tell you what I think of your state if you want :)

XOXO

19 comments:

Ang said...

awesome - I'm totally going to check out that site!

Marie a la Mode said...

I've never been to Minnesota but I love Minnesotans accents! And from your instagram photos, the state is beautiful!

Dee Stephens said...

Never been to MN but sounds cold! BRR!! LOL! I'm sure it's GREAT :)

Bonnie said...

Ha!!! Screw you, Green Bay. :) (I'm obligated to say that since I am a Bears fan.)

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Floortje said...

I really like your blog dear!
Keep up with the good work! :)

XO

Sarah and Stewart said...

This girl who used to work at my office was from Minnesota, and she had this terrible accent that sounded just like Sarah Palin. So for some reason my head connects Minnesota with Sarah Palin. Yikes. Cool shirt though and I really like that dress with the belt that you're wearing. :-)

Ln said...

You have such a cute blog! I'm following you now!

It would be awesome if you followed me back!

Check out my new blog The Closet I Love!

Rowan Reiding said...

Funny, my boyfriend was supposed to come play hockey in Minnesota like 2 years ago. He didn't do it though, since he was to crazy about me, haha ;) But he did enjoy the three weeks he spent there for the try outs and definitely wants to come back sometime and bring me with him ;)


Love from Holland,

Rowan

www.redreidinghood.com

Chidiogo Maxwell said...

Totally adorable

Minnesota sounds soo fun.

Lidia Frolova said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment!
Maybe we follow each other !?
Just let me know :)
www.gvozdishe.com

Mary Jo at TrustYourStyle said...

I have a lot of friends from Minnesota and it definitely seems like a great place to live, you should be proud!

xo Mary Jo

Jessica said...

Super cute blog :)

http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

About Last Weekend said...

Wonder why your state is so much happier? More connected with family, more downtime? would be interesting to know. Everything goes a little bit too fast in the Bay Area, too much driving around in our cars.

E said...

I don't know that I can think of any stereotypes...

P.S. As a Seattle girl, I'm not all that brokenhearted about the call either and think it was blown out of proportion because it was against Green Bay.

Kasey Lynne said...

The hubs and I want to check out Minnesota one day! Is rowing big out there?

Brooke said...

Sounds like a wonderful place for me to visit!


Brooke

sophistifunk said...

love the minnesota grown shirts! one of my best friends is from mn and i know she's going to love them!
p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.com

Rachel Jensen {Da Paura ♥} said...

I know nothing about Minnesota to be honest! But I can only imagine how gorgeous the lakes are! And sometimes I long for a little cold during the winter time... it doesn't feel like Christmas here when one can go to the beach that day!

x
Rachel

Elle Sees said...

ooh i've not been to MN in years. and now i'm speaking this with a MN accent!!