Tuesday, August 7, 2012

OMG it's already August!

Wow, this summer has been flying by! Blogging is hard in the summer...! I almost had a 4th of July post ready to go, but I figure it's too late for that now.  So I've decided just to breeze over July with some summer highlights and then be a better blogger this month.

4th of July was a blast as always, although I "overfloated" a bit... It was a steamy 100+ degrees in Minnesota and although I love the heat, I was glad to be able to cool off in the lake.  Here's the hubby and me make some yukka.
july 4th prior lake minnesota candy cove yukka
Making Yukka on the 4th of July

Charlie and Sawyer (our Maltese dogs) LOVE the new house and just like to spend their time gazing out at the lake... it's so cute!  They aren't too keen on swimming yet, unless it's to go after the geese who are twice their size.
dog enjoying the lake maltese dogs prior lake minnesota
Charlie and Sawyer enjoying the lake
I'm feeling pretty well moved into the new house, we've gotten some new furniture and are mostly unpacked.  I'm excited to decor more but I'm still trying to figure it all out.  Here's is the downstairs mantel, still a work in progress...
mantel decor pottery barn style cute chalk board picture
Fireplace Mantel Decor
Jamie and I at Captain Jacks... love the swings at the bar :)
Captian Jacks Prior Lake swings Bar Party Capt Jacks picture
Bar at Captain Jacks
We also through a little party to celebrate the new house which was a blast.  We had the party last weekend, exactly a month after we moved in.  It was nice to have a bit of a deadline to get some of the stuff unpack and somewhat presentable.  Now I'm hoping we can enjoy the last month of summer without the stress of unpacking, not that it was even really that stressful at all.  It's just nice to be all moved in!
house warming party dj beer fun lights housewarming picture
Housewarming Party
Hope you are having a great summer!

XOXO

17 comments:

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

wooohooo to summer fun! - loven it!

*Much Bliss*
Erika~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Sarah and Stewart said...

Yukka is one of my favorite summertime drinks! Looks like you're having a great summer!

Dee Stephens said...

Been missing you! Love the pictures.. can't wait to see more of your gorgeous house!

Mimi said...

i'm happy that you are all moved in! i hope you have a fantastic rest of summer! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Bonnie said...

It looks like you had fun even though it was hellllaaa hot outside. Your Fourth of July was more eventful than mine!


http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Sheri said...

How fun! I love swinging seats at bars too :) Glad to see you are having a great summer :)

Borjana said...

Ohhh how I love this post,honey!;)
xx
B.
http://www.beeswonderland.com/

Elle Sees said...

I make that stuff too every summer. Good stuff.

Fashion Meets Food said...

Oh my gosh how cool is that swing bar! xo

diana said...

Such a lovely post, I love your blog¡¡
Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: http://loscaprichosdediana.blogspot.com.es/

xoxo

Punctuation Mark said...

I love the swings in the bar too... How much fun is that!!!

Melissa said...

lovely photo's! and yes it's very hard to keep up blogging during summer time x

Faith said...

this looks like so much fun! how did i miss this post?! i hate when i do that!

Marie said...

Looked like you had a wonderful time by the lake. I also like the quote, simple and true.:D

- Marie
allthingsmarie.com

Marcela Gmd said...

Beautiful photos and post!!! take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

giaghani said...

glad you are having such a wonderful summer! :) I literally cannot believe that it's halfway through August already.

CRAYZOR.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like you had a fun packed summer!