Friday, June 29, 2012

New house!

Well, it's going to be a fun summer!

We closed on our new house on Tuesday and have been busy unpacking since.  Our first day was perfect for unloading stuff, around 80 with a nice breeze off the the lake, but then it got super hot and humid.  I had to go back to work, but Logan took off another day to finish unloading the pod and to start chopping down some tree to improve our view.  Since it was in the high 90s and about 100% humidity, I'm a little surprised Logan wasn't passed out when I got back from work.  But it's nice to be able to jump in the water after all that hard work in the heat!

Here are some pictures of the lake!

On the lake in front of our soon to be house the weekend before
The view from the beach
The view from upstairs...before the tree chopping :)
The unpacking is going faster than I expected, but it is still taking forever!  I want to enjoy the lake but I will feel so much better once the house is somewhat organized.  The inside is nice and neutral, and although I've gotten about a million ideas of things I want to do (thanks Pinterest!), we won't have to do much to the inside for a while besides get some new furniture.

XOXO

18 comments:

Faith said...

I love the views! Gorgeous!

Have a great weekend!

Dee Stephens said...

Jealous of your views! How awesome!

Sarah and Stewart said...

Wow you are so lucky to live on a lake! Hope you get settled in quickly!

VιcκyBeL said...

the view is fantastic!
love it!

http://xouxounitsa.blogspot.com

xoxo

April said...

Wow!! Congrats!! Sounds like you guys will get a lot of use out of the lake in that hot weather!! Can't wait to see pics of the house ... of exciting!!

Emmy said...

Yea!! Congrats!! Totally jealous of your view. You are going to love it there.

Amy {be.designs} said...

Beautiful views! Congratulations on the new home!

-Amy
http://bedesignsllc.blogspot.com/

The Pink Growl said...

Just saw this after we've been emailing about it - Congrats!!! Looks gorgeous!!!

Amber said...

How fabulous. Congrats on the new house!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

oooo what beautiful photos! congrats on the closing of your new home! that is so exciting!

xo

Anna Moore said...

May I suggest my http://mooreann.blogspot.com/ to you?
I’ll be also glad to follow your blog I liked much!)let me know!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Wow congrats on the new house, Jenny! And good luck with the move. I hope it goes as flawlessly as possible. :)

These are beautiful photos of the lake. You and the hubby look adorable! That's a cute photo!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That view is spectacular!!! Good luck on the unpacking!

Kristin said...

I love your new view!

Tiffany Leigh said...

Wait! NO! You are not LIVING there!? I'm so jealous. It's absolutely breathtaking. Congratulations! If you ever have any decor questions I'd love to help out! Thank you for stopping by and following dearest.
xo
Tiffany
tiffanyleighinteriordesign.blogspot.com

Kasey Lynne said...

I'll be posting up in your guest bedroom.

You don't mind..do you?? ;)

Katie said...

What a gorgeous view!! Hope the moving has gone well! :)

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

holy cow, this is beautiful! which lake?!
i dream of living on a lake. the best part of MN summers for sure!