Friday, June 22, 2012

Influencer Spring Beauty Voxbox - May 2012

I love trying new products and always get excited when I get my VoxBox in the mail. Seriously, getting fun products to test out for FREE... yes please!

So here's my review of the Spring Beauty VoxBox:



Sally Hansen - Salon Effects
I have used Sally Hansen Salon Effects before and I love having fun nails, so these are right up my alley.  There are so many different designs that I would want to try, and they seem to keep coming up with new & trendy designs.  I’m always surprised when people think I somehow painted these crazy patterns myself, and I should start taking credit for it!  They are easy to apply and I absolutely love the fast that there is no dry time with these babies.  I prefer to wear them on my toes rather than my fingers, because they seem to last longer.  When I wear them on my fingers, they can start to peel at the edges.  I also put them on my fingers, and then did the dishes a hour or so later and they fell off… same thing happened with my toes after I put them on and spent the day at the pool.  So it seems like they need a day or so to set.

And just a tip for anyone who is also parical to wearing them on their toes... when you purchase a package of Salon Effects, you get two separate packs, one for each hand.  Once you open a pack, you have to use them right away or they dry out.  However, one pack was enough for me to do all ten toes and my two fingers my ring finger. This is a great way to stretch your dollar and get the most value out of these. 


Dr. Scholl's For Her - Ball of Foot Cushions 
I thought the Dr. Scholl's For Her - Ball of Foot Cushions worked great for heels!  I had a pair that was a little too big and my feet would start to slide too far down, so my toes would be hanging over the edge… not a good look!  These really helped and they were extra comfy too!  The only thing I was unsure about was whether or not I should leave them in just one pair of shoes, or if I could move them from pair to pair (I’ve got a lot of heels).  And I think they would stay put better if I had just kept them in one pair, so that is what I would do in the future.

Sheer Cover - Duo Concealer
I hadn’t heard about this brand before receiving my Influencer VoxBoxand and when I opened it, I almost missed it, it’s so small.  But it turned out to be my favorite find in my VoxBox.  The concealer is very good at covering, but it didn't get cakey.  It was easy to blend and I really liked the texture of the product. The only thing I don’t really like is the price, $30 and it was tiny.  But I think it will last forever, so it’s probably worth it.  Also, I think you have to buy it as part of a set, so maybe it’s $30 with some other beauty products too…?  I’m not sure, but after trying it, I would be much more likely to buy Sheer Cover products in the future.



Bath & Body Works - Fine Fragrance Mist – Twilight Woods
 
Twilight Woods had a light and a little bit fruity smell, with a little heavier hint of vanilla – very soft and summery!  The bottle sprayed a very fine mist, which was nice because it let me decide how much I wanted to wear (I usually did a few sprays).

 
Like a lot of body sprays I’ve tried, the smell doesn’t last as long as I would like, but it’s easy enough just to spray a little more when needed.






Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Body Wash
 
I liked how gentle Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Body Wash was and it made my skin feel nice and soft, while still being strong enough to clean it.

Soy Joy
I didn't really care for a protein bar, I think it was a texture thing. But it wasn't that bad either, I just wasn't loving it I gave the rest to my husband. He eats protein bars more than I do - and he thought it was pretty good.

Chapstick - Lip Shield 365
I have worn this SPF lip gloss out in the sun a few times and it definitely does the trick. it also goes smoothly and smells good, definitely something I would recommend for anyone in the summertime.

XOXO


16 comments:

Sarah and Stewart said...

This is the second time I've heard less than rave reviews about that Soy Joy protein bar, so I think I'll avoid it. Thanks for all the product advice!

Courtney B said...

How do you sign up for this? I want in! :)

Mikelle Jade {The Honeypie Archives} said...

oooh what fun goodies! I have noticed that sometimes my salon effects stickers don't work, but I never thought it was because they are drying out! I guess I need to use them quicker! I love putting them on my toes too, and I definitely always stretch my dollar and get two uses out of one packet :)

I think I will check out the bath and body works fragrance, if it's soft and summery, then it sounds perfect!

Kristin said...

how did you sign up??

Shane said...

i like that fragrance..

Florine D. Marioli said...

I love your nails! So nice
If you want we can follow each other :D? Xx

drollgirl said...

the toenails are my favorite! they look pretty fab!

Emmy said...

Oh how fun to get free things! I need to get that chap-stick- we have been living in the sun lately

Bonnie said...

Your toes look adorable! I really want to do something similar now.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Roxana said...

I love your nails! :)

The Pink Growl said...

I've heard so many good things about Voxbox and Birchbox. I need to jump on this box band wagon!

StephilĂ  Creations said...

Love your blog!! Thanks for your comment, Would you like to follow each other on gfc?


StephilĂ  Creations-Myfashionblog

About Last Weekend said...

You can never have enough chapstick! What a wonderful treat arriving at your door

The Big Apple Girl said...

Cool!very interesting post. :) I am following you now. I hope we can follow each other? thank you.

The Big Apple Girl

Marie a la Mode said...

Love the Sally Hansen Salon effects! Your toes look so cute with the zebra print.

Kasey Lynne said...

FOR FREE?!?!?!

Where do I sign up??