Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Vikings vs Green Bay Game in Minneapolis - 2011

Last year, we went to a vikings game around my mom's birthday and we had a blast. We had Brett Favre and Randy Moss... and the Vikings won!!! And then things went downhill after that for the Vikes. But one of the most fun parts of the game last year was tailgating.

So this year, the Vikings were playing the Green Bay Packers at the Metrodome a few weeks before my mom's birthday.  The Vikings vs Packers is the most sought-after game of the year around here, so we decided just to go for the tailgating, and not dish out all that cash for the game.  I'm not a fair-weather fan, but spending a small fortune for a tickets to game that in all reality we would probably lose didn't seem like the best idea... sorry Vikings!!!

This year soon after we arrived to tailgate, it started raining... hard.  But soon after that, it turned into a beautiful, sunny October afternoon.  Everyone was having a blast, and even our rival Packer fans were fun to be around.  People wear the craziest get ups and you know me, I'm a sucker for that!

One guy was dressed mankini style (see the top left corner) so we stopped over, because LOL... man in a bikini top! We were greeted with Jagermeister shots, kinda gross in my opinion, but it was ice cold and that helped!  It turned out it was a really cool group of Canadians that drove a party bus 6 hours to come party and go to the game.  Most of them were bar owners in Thunder Bay so they knew how to have a good time!


After a few fun hours of tailgating, they gave my mom, sister and me tickets to the game... FOR FREE!!  It seems too good to be true, but it is!  Thank you, Canada!!  You guys are the best!




The vikings didn't win, but it was a very close game (only 6 points!) and the Vikings were ahead for most of the game, so it was super fun!

I feel like I know a good amount about football, but still don't know all the Ref Symbols and this really helped me out... LOL.  I love the invisible sombrero!


Happy Birthday Mom!!  

XOXO

19 comments:

Ang said...

i was tailgating and went to that game too - it was a fun day for sure!

Impulsive Addict said...

We were SO CLOSE to going to that game. But I married a Packer Backer. Can we still be friends? But Adrian Peterson played for OU which is MY team so I do pull for the vikings (when they aren't playing GB!)

aki! said...

Wow. Tailgating sure paid off then, right?

Love & Tangles said...

Lmao, this is great! I was really looking forward to learning what those symbols were! We used to tailgate every home game before I had babies. I'm from KC, so I'm kinda a Chiefs fan, but when we played Green Bay, I took up close pics of Favre. :-) But I'm a big Aaron Rodgers fan....sorry, ha ha.

Bri said...

Very cool about the tailgating fun and getting the tickets.... Go Canada, I love my country!

Thank you for posting this hilarious version of the ref symbols, totally cracking me up!

Also, I appreciate your lovely comment you left on my blog, cheers!

LDM said...

very cute! it's so fun to dress up for an occasion!

xx from hong kong :)
www.ldmldmldm.com

Elle Sees said...

That is so cool! Awesome for you.

Miss Chelsea said...

I'm cracking up over those ref symbols!

giaghani said...

HAHA, those ref symbols are hysterical. I've been desperately trying to get into Football all season. Especially with the basketball lock out (*cries*) showing no sign of ending, maybe I just need to tail gate a Bears game to get into the spirit. :)

Kristin said...

i LOVE ALL the purple!!

Mimi said...

aww, that seems like a lot of fun! happy birthday to your mom! :)

p.s. and i loved looking at the football referee symbols! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Miss Caitlin S. said...

oh YES, so cute!! I dated a guy for 5 years who was OBSESSED (I MEAN OBSESSED) with the Vikings so I spent a lot of time paying attention to them and definitely still carry a torch for them. Love the outfits~!

Nina said...

looks like a fun day, great photos!

fashionableroad.blogspot.com

Angie said...

Ahhh, I am so jealous!! I am a huge Packers fan and have always wanted to go to a Packers/Vikings game. Have fun! xo

Marie a la Mode said...

Fun!! I have never been to a football game, can you believe that? Hockey is more popular in Canada than football. But I hear Americans (like you) are HUGE fans!

Jen Umm said...

great inspiration! love the first pic!
thanks for sharing!

if you like we can follow each other on bloglovin :)
let me know!
STYLE DECORUM

erica said...

I think I was sitting next to you guys! I think one of you fell asleep for a while!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,
My name is Quentin and i was wondering if you could help me out. There is 8 of us coming from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada for the Vikings and Bears game this Sunday. We will be tailgating before the game but we dont know where to go after the game? We are staying downtown Minneapolis and was hoping to party after the game, any ideas? If possible, can you email me with a couple ideas. We are a bunch of 30 somethings looking to enjoy the rest of the day.

Thank you and a Happy New Year eh...

Quentin

Anonymous said...

my email is cuecrue@hotmail.com