Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Mini Collection for Target - why is it just for kids!?!

I was so excited when I saw the commercial that said Gwen Stefani was doing a line for Target!! I've loved Gwen since about 7th grade, I even had photos of her with No Doubt all over my planner! And I saw her in concert when she went solo, and I liked that even better than No Doubt. Gwen and Target would be an awesome combination of two things I love...

I haven't really bought much from her clothing lines, Harajuku Lovers or L.A.M.B., but not because I didn't want her clothes... I've seen a lot of her shoes and was tempted to buy them because they are super cute, but they were leather (which I don't do) and more money than I would normally spend on shoes. But Target could have been the perfect answer: cheaper (yay!) which would also probably mean all man-made materials (double yay!).

However, the Harajuku Mini collection doesn't mean it's a small collection, it means it's literally mini, as in little girls. Bummer!! Too bad I'm not still in 7th grade, because I would be stocking up. Maybe I can manage to squeeze into a girls size 14...

I like this faux leather motorcycle jacket and leopard print skirt:

But I would rather have one of these L.A.M.B. items:

XOXO

17 comments:

Bonnie said...

I want that jacket.
Just sayin'.
Maybe I could still fit into it? :)

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Marie a la Mode said...

Too bad this line is only for little girls : ( I love her L.A.M.B. line but it's too expensive for me : (

Marie said...

Nice picks, I want the booties too.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Kristin said...

I LOVE Lamb!!

giaghani said...

Girrrllll, I'm with you! Maybe if this does well, it will inspire her to test out an adult line. All the cool designers are doing it, it's only fair! :)

blue roses said...

i love the LAMB bag, gwen and i differ a bit on aesthetic.

i cannot imagine surviving without leather shoes..... kidding.... but only partially.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Fabrizia said...

Such a lovely post, I like these clothes! Great sense of style!

Take a look and if you like follow me, I’ll be waiting for you: Cosa mi metto???
Enter the Shopkempt giveaway on my blog!

D said...

I love those shoes, but I'm sure I would totally fall flat on my face if I tried walking in them. I haven't worn heels like that since...well 10 years ago,eek! That's a long time. I think I need to fashion myself up again.

Date Girl said...

I love the cute panda hoodie tutu dress thing from the commercial. Makes me very hopeful to have a little girl to dress up someday!

I'm a new follower too. Thanks for visiting me! :-)

Impulsive Addict said...

Harajuku was an AWESOME album. I love me some Gwen. I hadn't heard about her clothing line. I'm loving what you picked out. Maybe it will still be around when Emma is a little bigger.

You need to ask for those shoe boots for Christmas! Or ask for all 3! =)

Priyanka said...

wow! i LOVE those boots!!

n hey thanks so much for stoppin by, followin you back! :)

Punctuation Mark said...

i saw it yesterday and thought it's just adorable!!!

Tamara Nicole said...

Yes those first LAMB heels are amazing! :-)

Faith said...

oh to be 12 again! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh I agree! I wish she would have done an adult line too. I love her shoes and bags!

Fashion Meets Food said...

I wish her collection would have been for everyone. I was trying to squeeze my big butt into a pair of bow leggings and couldnt manage to lol. xo

Sheri said...

Maybe she will get the hint and make it for the adults soon.... :)