Monday, September 26, 2011

The Proposal - Wow it's already been 4 years!!

The Proposal

Logan proposed at Minnehaha Falls on September 26th, 2007:

The planning:

Logan was ready to propose and was working with his brother Brody on getting the proposal setup for when we took our trip to San Diego to visit Brody and Aimee. The plans were set, proposal in San Diego....

We had been dating for over 6 years and were just out of college. Logan never gave me any hints about proposing, we never went ring shopping, and I had no idea what Logan’s plan was which started to frustrate me. He wanted to totally surprise me, so he would make up excuses like yes, but we just got out of college and student loans.
So one day I started talking to Logan about our upcoming trip and told him that a lot of my friends were asking me “do you think he will propose there? I bet he will!!” And Logan’s thinking… shoot!

Few Day Before Proposal:

So much for the San Diego proposal :)  After hearing that from me, only a few days before our trip, Logan decided he had to change plans quickly because he wanted this to be unexpected.  He decided to do it before the trip! So he called his sister, LaDieh, and asked for some help because Logan wanted to capture the moment. Logan thought of Minnehaha Falls so he, LaDieh, and Carson all drove to the location to scope it out. They walked through a nonpath along the creek and found a big tree stump that fell to the ground that looked like a perfect bench on the creek. They figured out all the plans and were set for the big day!! LaDieh's spot was across the creek up about 15 feet above where the proposal location was set. It was perfect spot for photographing the moment.



The Proposal:

On September 26th, 2007 Logan called me and said "you know we just got these new cameras and we always talk about taking more pictures. I read that Minnehaha Falls is beautiful right now with the tree changing colors. Let’s go there." I wasn’t completely convinced because it was a week or two until the best colors came out and most the trees were still green. But I agreed and not thinking anything of it (as you can tell by my outfit!).
When they got there, the leaves were barely changing but Logan said "oh well, we can till take some good pictures." Logan was trying to be careful not to go too fast, or too slow and lead me in the correct path without being too obvious. He noticed a storm brewing so in addition to being nervous about proposing, the weather enhanced it tenfold.  Just what a guy needs.

Logan finally got me to the planned spot and looked to see that LaDieh was in place peeping out from behind a tree across the creek. When I saw the tree, I thought it would be a cool place for a picture and when over without coaxing. I was taking a picture of the two of us and I finally noticed Logan was acting a little weird. He totally surprised me by getting down on one knee and proposing!  He seemed to have a little speech planned out but I can’t really remember what he said or what I said other than YES!



LaDieh took a few photos after she came out from her hiding spot, which was another surprise for me! After a little while, we all walked back to the cars, storm over head, but not a single drop of rain. When we stepped into our car it instantly started down pouring.  Logan had champagne waiting in his trunk, which would have been sweet, but with the rain we didn’t have it.  But I was too excited to worry about that!  We went to dinner and shared the news with our families.  I was so happy and it worked great that we got to leave for our trip after we got the chance to see our families first. I got lots of bridal magazines to look at on the plane ride and we had blast in San Diego.


XOXO

39 comments:

Angie said...

I love your story! It reminds me of one of my best friends. She had dated a guy for 7 or 8 years and was beyond frustrated about taking the next step. Her now husband said a lot of what Logan said as to why they weren't engaged. When the timing was perfect, he proposed and she had no idea it was coming!

Dee Stephens said...

You guys are one gorgeous couple! How special! I would have loved an outdoor proposal!
Brad did mine unexpected too. We were in Napa a couple of weeks before but he said that would have been too obvious.
congrats on your years together!

tara said...

Aww such a sweet story! :)

Fashion Meets Food said...

What a sweet story You both way too cute!!!

xo

drollgirl said...

YAY! what a sweet story! and what an attractive couple you are! :)

Style, She Wrote said...

Amazing story!! Thanks for sharing! xo style, she wrote

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aw how adorable! Sounds perfect - and these pictures are beautiful :)

this free bird said...

Awwww Jenny this is awesome!! You described it perfectly, too because I kind of felt like I was standing behind his sister!!

xo,
C

Nikosmommy said...

great story! You two are super cute together (and your man is total hot stuff! LOL) :)

Impulsive Addict said...

I love your proposal story! And seriously, you two are soooo cute. I kinda hate you for that. And you're skinny. A double threat.

Katie said...

What a sweet story! I dont remember exactly what my husband said when he proposed, you tend to zone out, or I did anyway :)

drummer said...

nice share. regards from indonesia.

SoapyMermaid said...

adorable story.... both of you are very cute. eh my companion doesn't want to get married at all. it is a shame :'( mais c'est la vie! ;)

Courtney Erin said...

Wow, congratulations! And what a sweet story!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Audrey Allure said...

Aw, so sweet!

Savvy Gal said...

ah.... cute.

Mikelle Jade {The Honeypie Archives} said...

so cute! Such a pretty place and sweet story-- I love the pictures of him proposing: through the trees, kind of blurry, almost like a paparazzi!

You two are an amazingly beautiful couple. perfection.

Elle Sees said...

Aw I love stories like these.

Bonnie said...

Awwww!!!! That's adorable. I'm so glad that his sister was there to take pictures. :)

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw!!! I love that you guys have photos of getting engaged!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

That's SO cute!!! I love how important it was for him to propose to you as a surprise and I love that he changed it!! And I LOVE that he had someone hiding to take pictures. That's adorable!! I love this story!!

Josie said...

Aw, you two are SO cute! And what a fun story. I love that it was so important to him that it be a surprise.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Jennifer Fabulous said...

What a beautiful and sweet story! This is so cute! :) You're a lucky girl, Jenny! And you and your husband make a ridiculously good-looking couple. Your future kids are crazy lucky!! xoxo

Mimi said...

awwww, that is such a beautiful story! and the location of the proposal is absolutely perfect! more happy years and love to you guys! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Stages of Beauty Giveaway :)

Marina said...

Awww, so romantic :)

giaghani said...

You guys make such a gorgeous couple!! :) I'm currently drinking a hot cup of coffee, cuddled in bed with Adele's "Make You Me Feel My Love" playing in the background, so reading this with all else going on just heightened the experience, haha!

super super cute though. And Happy 4 year engagement anniversary!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I loved the proposal story, it's funny we always try
to ruin their initial plans!

Kristin said...

Loved reading the story!!

Chrissi said...

i am a sucker for love stories....this is too sweet :))

Jen said...

That is so sweet! I'll bet it has been an amazing four years. :)

Beautiful pics - you two are a gorgeous couple!

aki! said...

That is such a sweet story.

I know, most people can't believe that I dislike Mexican food... but I'm warming up to it!

Impulsive Addict said...

Just so you know....YOU ARE MISSED!

Teisha said...

Great love story! Thanks for sharing. A great inspiration..

Julie said...

Story is fantastic. So romantic, inspirational....)))) Great!)

Anna Walker said...

Aw congratulations! I love your story and how you actually got pictures of the genuine moment! The picture of you two holding hands and the ring is super awesome and lovely! :D

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Impulsive Addict said...

Just checking on you! Where have you been?

Punctuation Mark said...

what a beautiful story... love all the images... sooo romantic!!!!

Faith said...

such a sweet love story! so beautiful! truly enjoyed reading that! :)

goodbadnfab said...

-I love your blog and find it super entertaining. You have such an interesting perspective. I'm subscribing to your site via google reader! Please check out my blog when you get a chance.

http://www.goodbadnfab.blogspot.com
a fashion lawyer by day, fashion police by night...I play at red carpet events, shop all over town, and live life in the fab lane in LA!