Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lil Wayne 'I am Still Music' Concert in St. Paul Minnesota

So last week, Logan was in Chicago for work just the day, but wouldn't be getting home until late.  It was a Wednesday, so I made plans with my mom and sister to get together and watch Big Brother...

Last minute, an old friend at work asks if I have plans for the next day and I tell him about my Big Brother plans, because he’s a huge fan too… I miss sitting by him!  But he also knows I really like Lil Wayne, since I went to won tickets to his concert two years ago.
(we felt left out since so many people were wearing their shades during the concert that we decided to join in)

So I had to postpone with my mom (sorry mama) and Shauna and I went to the concert.  We had a blast.... although I have to say it was pretty similar to his concert I went to two years earlier, but he has a few new songs I really like (How To Love & 6 Foot 7 Foot).  The crowd at his concert seemed a little more varied this time... and no one wearing their sunglasses... except Lil Wayne.  The Xcel center also wasn't that full, and having a full house really makes a concert that much better - couldn't they do a groupon or something?!


 But Lil Wayne profusely thanked the audience over and over, and seeing him in concert makes me like him more.  But when I saw him on the MTV Music Video Awards, I liked him less... must be better in person?  Or maybe the Minnesota nice rubs off that quickly :)

via

Speaking of in person, the day after his concert, Logan (my hubby) saw him walking the streets of Minneapolis with a small crew of large men, who made Lil Wayne look especially lil.  I was so jealous, he said they made eye contact and Logan thinks he gave Lil Wayne a weird look, like 'no way... that's Lil Wayne!'  But Logan didn't go up to him, it's too bad it wasn't me who saw him, that would have been so cool and you can bet that I would have at least gotten a photo with him!

XOXO

21 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Missed you!!! Love Lil Wayne! I just saw Britney in concert last Thursday!

Val said...

Pure awesomeness!!

Mikelle Jade {The Honeypie Archives} said...

oooh a celebrity siting! Lucky man!

But that's good to know he is good in person-- I've never much cared for him on TV!

Marie a la Mode said...

Aww too bad you weren't with your hubby at the time!

Looks like you had fun at the concert! Good to see Wayne is out of jail ; )

Impulsive Addict said...

I love some of his songs for sure and he DOES seem like a nice guy. I have NEVER been to a rap concert before. Did it smell like weed in there? I went to a Creed conert in like 1999 and I swear people were smoking it every where! lol

Kristin said...

Sounds fun!!
What are your thoughts on big brother?? Who do you want to win now?

Bonnie said...

You are a "Big Brother" fan?!?!!?!?! I knew we are friends for a reason.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Diana said...

Haha I actually didn't know that Lil Wayne was lil.. Im not much of an mtv viewer haha! love your photo! :)

giaghani said...

haha, oh weezy!

I have to say every time I hear 'how to love' I just think he's saying 'hello'. Which then makes for an incredibly repetitive song.

Glad you had a fun time though! xx

Jennifer Fabulous said...

I love that you went to the Lil Wayne concert. That makes me happy. ;)

I'm glad you had fun! xoxo

Pop Champagne said...

ohh i totally msised his concert here, I do like his music and I'm sure he put on a great show. and ya would have been cool to get a pic of him hehe I've heard that he doesnt take care of his grills though so he has like really bad breath? I want to know if thats true!

Josie said...

I'm suuuuuper jealous! I miss Minnesota again already! This looks like such a blast, Jenny! And you look adorable.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Marie said...

Looks like you girls had a fun time, I like How to Love too. So catchy.

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've heard he's really good in concert. Oh... I LOVE BIG BROTHER!

mirjam schuurkamp said...

WOOW lil wayne
jaleous!
love that new song of him how to love!!

New outfitpost - www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

SoapyMermaid said...

this concert seems to have been great. Saint paul minnesota is one of the rare american cities I visited.. :)

Jen said...

That's awesome that you got to see him in concert again AND that your hubs saw him in person!

I love his new song "How to Love." So good.

Audrey Allure said...

Sounds like a great time!

Savvy Gal said...

oh how fun. i love concerts.

drollgirl said...

lol! lil wayne. he is kind of a cutie in a way. and i love his tattoos. but his gravelly voice is a tad bit reminiscent of something from a horror movie. side job alert! lol

Walter Tully said...

I haven't worn sunglasses at night, but I don't mind wearing one. Anyway, I haven't seen anyone who has gotten close to Lil Wayne's punchlines. He's one of my favorite lyricists today.