Friday, August 5, 2011

Dan Brown's Lost Symbol - Book Club 3

This past weekend was our third book club meeting, and this time we read The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.  The book is about Robert Langdon, from Dan Brown’s books Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code, only this time book is set in Washington D.C.  If you liked the other Robert Langdon books, you would definitely like The Lost Symbol, as it was very similar and had some major twists and turns to keep you reading.


However, our book club meetings are about much more than reading and discussing the books, although so far everyone is 3 for 3 for finishing the books!  Yay for us!

This book was selected by Jamie, who also hosted.  It was a beautiful Saturday, so we came over early
We started with lunch and wine. Jamie made a yummy, summer salad with a fresh tasting white wine.


Next, pineapple mojitos… sooo good!!!



After a few lovely hours in the sun, we got ready and headed out to dinner at Perrons' Sul Lago, they have the best Italian food and lemon cello!


We also had to take some fun pictures with the book, which has become a book club tradition...


And then we went out to a local bar, which is always kinda interesting but definitely a good time!


It was a super fun girl night, and we even talked a little about the book!

Now it's on to our next book....


The Help by Kathryn Stockett! I've heard lots of good things and I've been meaning to read it, so I'm excited to get started!

More on our Book Clubs:
Book Club 1
Book Club 2

Have a great weekend!

XOXO

27 comments:

Marian said...

Sounds like my kind of book club:)

Impulsive Addict said...

Wow! I need to come to your book clubs. They look like way more fun than mine have ever been in the past!

Ok...I need more deets on this pineapple mojito! It sounds super delish!

I keep hearing that The Help is a great book but the movie is coming out soon and I HATE to watch the movie first and then read the book. I don't know why either.

Let me know how you like it!

Katie said...

I love the R. Langdon series but haven't made my way to this book yet. I need to though. Y'all look like you have so much fun at your book club meetups!! :)

Preity Lama Tamang said...

Omg. This sounds such fun meeting. Book reading and having fun together and drinking. Hell YES!!

Gracey said...

Psh, if anyone around here did book clubs this fun, I might actually join haha.

Punctuation Mark said...

that sounds fantastic... believe it or not i'm going through jane austen right now.. haha!!!

Lia Waroka Putri said...

I wish we had this kind of book club here, sounds so awesome <3 you guys look amazing ;) x

Chrissi said...

You will LOVE the help! it is so wonderful :) Enjoy!!

Katie said...

Looks like such a great time! xo

giaghani said...

I've heard great things about 'The Help' so I am sure you guys will enjoy it...! And man oh man, a pineapple margarita sounds SO good right now!

xx

Faith said...

that sounds sooo fun! i want to read "The Help" ... it looks so good and so does the movie!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I haven't read any of his books but I've seen both movies! Maybe I should add them to my list!

Josie said...

I've never read a Dan Brown book, actually -- but I HAVE to read The Da Vinci code if only because people look at me with such disdain when I admit that I haven't... I can't wait to hear what you think about The Help!
xo Josie

Stephanie Faris said...

I'm on a ridiculously long waiting list for "The Help" at the library. Maybe I'll get to read it someday! Your book club looks like FUN!!!

Audrey Allure said...

Great photos! Looks like a wonderful time. I've been wanting to read The Help before the movie comes out!

Pop Champagne said...

ohh looks really fun! I would like to read the help, I saw the movie and it's pretty good!

Jen said...

This is so fun!! I would love to be in a local book club. I also love the tradition of taking pics with the books.

The Help sounds so good - and then y'all can see the movie! :)

www.blahblahbecky.co.uk said...

I absolutely love Dan Brown's books, they're completely riveting!

Hope you enjoyed your night :)

www.blahblahbecky.co.uk

drollgirl said...

this is my kind of book club!

and i have heard good things about the help, too!

kcomekarolina said...

cool!!!



xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Elle Sees said...

Fun book club! You'll love the help!

Savvy Gal said...

i really like Dan Brown, read almost all his books.

mirjam schuurkamp said...

ahh so cool to have a book club:)!
love the blog ..

new outfit post :
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Sounds very interesting!)))

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Oh, how fun!!! You girls look so pretty. :) I wish I had a book club around here to join that was just as fabulous.

I have that book on my reading list too, by the way! xoxo

Becky Tjandera said...

Wow that looks like a lot of fun! Someday I wish I'd have a book club as fun as yours ;)

vivalablonda said...

This group is soooo cool, I wish I could have one!


xx