Friday, June 10, 2011

Finally... My Las Vegas Vacation!!!

My first time in Vegas was a blast!  It’s definitely a place like no other!

The Hotel
We arrived in Vegas on Friday, May 20th (I’m way behind, sorry!!) and checked in to our Hotel – MGM Grand.  MGM is seriously HUGE!  It’s the 3rd largest in the world, and the largest when it first opened in 1993.

 
We picked MGM Grand because we knew we would be lying by the pool and MGM Grand’s pools are awesome! 

The Pool


Ahhh... I wish I was back there!!!

The Food
We ate a ton of good food, there were so many choices for restaurants. 


We ate at Il Fornaio (in New York-New York), Taqueria Cañonita (in the Venetian), The Grand Wok (in MGM Grand), Cuisine at Yolos Mexican Grill (in Planet Hollywood), and Rainforest Café (in MGM Grand).  All the food was really good and there were so many restaurants that even with a big group, we usually didn't have to wait too long.

The Clubs
 
We also went to a few different clubs, and got in free by texting Megan @ Suitcase and Stilettos’ hook-up (thanks Megan!) and by talking to the promoters on the strip.  It was definitely easier to get the girls in for free than the guys though.   

The first club we went to was Surrender at Encore and Mary J Blige was going to be there later that night.  Surrender had a really cool atmosphere, but the drinks were super expensive and we were meeting up with other friends so we didn’t stay for Mary J (I’m not really a fan anyways).  Then we went to Jet at The Mirage, which was a little more my style anyways (Top 40 music over house music).  It was packed, but we got VIP so that made it more fun!  We also had a good time at Coyote Ugly in New York-New York, and I kinda wish we would have spend more time there.  I wasn’t overly impressed with Tabú in MGM Grand, but it could have been bad timing.  The line for XS at the Wynn was insane, so we didn’t go there, but I’m curious about it now!

The Billboard Music Awards
One of the most exciting parts of our Vegas vacation for me was that we got tickets to the Billboard Music Awards!  It was right in MGM, so I was hoping that we would see some celebs hanging out by the pool or something.


No big celebrity sightings, but it was awesome to get to see so many of my favorite music artists perform!  We saw Rihanna, Britney Spears, Black Eyed Peas, Cee Lo Green, Snoop Dogg, Beyonce, Taio Cruz, Ke$ha, Nicki Minaj, Pitbull, OneRepublic, Far East Movement, Neil Diamond, etc. etc.!!  Beyonce's performance was soooo cool (and even cooler live than it was on TV), that was probably my favorite, but I really liked Rihanna and Britney Spears opening act too!


So overall, we had an awesome time in Vegas!  It’s definitely a place you have to experience, so trashy but so glamorous at the same time, it’s crazy!  I would definitely go back, but now that I’ve seen Las Vegas, I can probably wait a while, so many other cool places I’ve never been!  We never made it to old Vegas, even though it was on the to-do list, so I still have that for next time.  

 I asked for your Vegas tips, which I printed and brought with me, they were so helpful!  We walked a ton, luckily I brought some Dr. Scholl's Fast Flats (not the cheap kind that they have at Target, but the good ones that you can actually walk around outside – I got them at Famous Footwear).  I was amazed at how many girls were rocking the extremely high heels… I thought I was good at heels but I totally need the fast flats – they were a total lifesaver!

Here are a few more photos from the trip with my hubby!


XOXO

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Las Vegas blog! Super cute and a great summary of a really fun trip! We need to put our pictures on picasa so we can share them! See you soon!
Jamie

Megan said...

oh my goshhhh! what fabulous photos! you didn't even have to write a thing and i can tell you had fun (ok i'd be lying if i didn't admit i was a tad bit jealous).

i can't believe you got to go to the billboard music awards...and see miss britney!!! now im realllly jealous!!! :-) and beyonce rocked that night!

im glad you were able to use the hookups somewhat! it sucks you didn't get to go to XS but you know what...i love it, but it's rather pretentious anyways ;-) you got to at least enjoy a few cool places!

glad you had a blast and next time you go out there...hollllla!!! :-)

have a great weekend <3

Mikelle Jade {The Honeypie Archives} said...

looks like you had so much fun! I love the clothes you are wearing in all of the pics. Did you love love Vegas? That is so exciting you got to go to the Billboard music awards. You seriously look like you belong there :)

Mimi said...

it's good to know you had a great time in vegas! :D :D

we usually stay at the venetian when we're in vegas, but i think i'm gonna wanna stay at mgm grand next time. ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

PaulinaMo said...

LOVE Vegas! You hit up most of the good places but yes XS a must! You also have to check out The Cosmopolitan it's amazing :)

Love all of your collages, So awesome that you got to see the Billboard Awards LIVE. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I am now your newest follower :)

~Pau
www.lilbitsofchic.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

aww, glad you guys had so much fun. I LOVE VEGAS! I've never actually been to MGM Grand but i heard it's really nice there. My family and I always stay at The Venetian.

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Inna xoxo said...

IIIIIIm that idiot who rocked the insanely high heels in Vegas lol. One night i wore like 5 inch heels and about died! I didnt think about bringing some fast flats!! but omg i could have used them!
xoxo Inna :)

Nikosmommy said...

Looks like you all had a blast in Vegas (and did so much while you were there!!)

You definitely hit a lot of clubs too! XS is amazing but so hard to get into...
Love the pics, and I'm super jealous that you got tix to the Billboard music awards, how cool is that?!

Faith said...

awww, so fun! absolutely love Vegas! looks like you had such a fabulous time!

Imogen said...

Oh wow that looks absolutely fantastic. I wish I could go on a holiday like this soon. I wish it was summer too, the warm weather looks amazing.

Bonnie said...

Ahhhhh, JEALOUS. I want to go to Vegas oh so friggin' badly -- even more now after hearing about your experience. I'm also jealous that you went to the Billboard Music Awards. That's so awesome.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Anula said...

what fabulous photos! Great blog!! I fallow you!!

le sorelle said...

Oh my gosh so envious that you went to Vegas! I've never been. These photos are awesome - looks like you all had a blast! And how cool that you got to see the Billboard awards?!

Our little Maltese ("B") is in one of our older posts on our blog - and yes, Maltese really are the sweetest!!

Thanks for visiting us, your blog is lovely! We're now happily following :)

-j
sorelle in style

songbird said...

this sounds so awesome!!!i am jealous:D

Kristin said...

Looks like you had a great time!! Love the pictures!

Marie a la Mode said...

I can't believe you got to go to the Billboard Music awards!!! Ahhhhh I would die! Great photo collage, I'm so glad you had such an amazing trip your first time in Vegas. Don't you love it?!

Kristin said...

Fabulous recap! The last time I was in Vegas I stayed at the MGM and I had a killer time!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

These photos are amazing! I'm so glad to hear you had an awesome time in Vegas! It looks like a fabulous trip. xoxo

giaghani said...

it looks like you had such a super fun time!! :) You look beautiful in each shot! Glad that you finally got the chance to go! xx dear

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like your time in Vegas was well spent!!!! How exciting that you were at the Music Awards!!!!

Miss Chelsea said...

That looks so fun! I like how you organized your recap too (wow that sound dorky or what?!)

Mallory In New York said...

Icredible!! It all looks amazing.. I'm not even sure what's the best part!

http://malloryinnewyork.blogspot.com

Becky Regina said...

Argh it seems so much fun! Vegas, always want to come there. So cool that you went to the Billboard Awards. Anyway you and your husband look so cute together <3

soapymermaid said...

I have never been to vegas. you seem to have had much fun. i love your photos.. I wish I could be able to visit vegas one day :)

Pop Champagne said...

that is SO cool that you got to see the billboard music aawards, AND it's in vegas! how I envy your vacation esp after all those pool shots of you :D

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

Amazing. x hivenn

Elle Sees said...

vegassss! a fave of mine. looks like an awesome trip!

Marie said...

Fab pictures, looks like you had a wonderful time!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com