Friday, April 8, 2011

The Results: Does Kenzia Moroccan hair oil work?

About a month ago I started using Kenzia Moroccan Argan Oil hair treatment, which has very similar ingredients to the brand Moroccanoil. (see my post: Moroccan hair oil ~ Does Moroccan hair oil really work?)
 

After reading some of your comments I was very excited to start using it.

So the results…

I LOVE this stuff!  Seriously, there aren’t a lot of beauty products that live up to expectations as much as this one does.  Moroccan oil has changed my whole morning routine…

Let me start by saying that my hair is fine and naturally wavy.  It’s also pretty dry so it’s prone to being frizzy.  Before using Kenzia Moroccan Oil, if I let my hair air-dry it would be a messy.  However, when I use Moroccan oil it is much less frizzy, although it is still wavy/bumpy/whatever you wanna call it.

For about the past month, I haven’t really used any heated tools on my hair (no blowing driers, flat irons, curling irons, etc.) and that is a first.  The Moroccan Oil makes my hair dry much faster, which is something I wouldn’t expect an oil to do, but it does! 

So in the mornings, after showering I towel dry my hair a decent amount, and put Moroccan Oil all over my hair and a root busting product on my roots.  Then I use the Velcro hair rollers and a little hair spray and let them dry for about a half hour.  

Tumblr_lh2yjse0ny1qc9k8no1_400_large

My hair is a little damp when I take out the rollers, but it dries quickly and without going all frizzy. 

If I did use a blow-dried and/or a curling iron/flat iron on my hair, I think my results would be even better.  But it’s so nice not to have to, it cuts down the time I spend getting ready in the mornings.  Plus, I’m trying to see if it will make a difference in the health of my hair by cutting out the heat, and no surprise here, I think it is helping.

I got the Kenzia Moroccan Argan Oil hair treatment at T.J. Maxx for $12.99 and a little goes a long way so it was a great value.  I think it’s a little more online, but still a great deal.  I’m not getting any perks from Kenzia or anything, just passing along my experience.  Moroccanoil should give very similar results, since the ingredients are nearly identical, but if you find an off-brand, be sure the check the ingredients because they are not all created equally.

XOXO

14 comments:

Ashly@Moon Walk said...

I can't wait to try it. Where can I find it?

Bonnie said...

I really love trying new hair products.
I think you have given me a new obsession. <3

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Renée said...

this product sounds amazing, thanks for sharing :) xo

Sera Pie said...

I use MoroccanOil and I couldn't live without it! It smells delicious too!

Marie said...

I'm glad to know it worked for you. I use Argan Moroccan Oil and I agree, a little goes a long way!:D

Have a great weekend!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Vegan Chick Pea said...

I've never tried an oil... afraid of it leaving my hair greasy. But I would like if it just left it delicious and conditioned.

Elle Sees said...

i've used regular argan oil from sally beauty & had the same results as Moroccan! I love a good deal.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I must get this! It sounds like it's been amazing!

Megan said...

now im inspired to try this AND to start letting my hair air dry! I always want to do it because my hair feels SO much healthier, but I always forget or am too lazy to shower at night.

glad this oil works!!! i will have to try it out. i currently use moroccon oil...but it's nice to try something different!

hope u had a nice weekend!

Pop Champagne said...

I've been looking for it since you last mentioned but haven't see it in my local drugstores around here. but I am going to the states for a few days so I'll have to look for it there, my hair is so dry and I need some of that stuff :D

Paislea Elyse said...

awe!! i love that last picture!!!!

allister bee blog

Jen said...

Thanks for writing this up! I'm always looking for hair product recommendations.

Feel free to stop by and enter my giveaway! :)

Stephanie the PW said...

I would LOVE to cut down on the time it takes to fix my hair/get ready in the mornings! I have very thick hair that can get totally crazy if it's not completely blow dried and heat styled. I WILL try this product, thanks for sharing your experience!

Anonymous said...

You can get this at both T.J Maxx and Marshalls. Great stuff, especially if you have long hair.