Wednesday, April 13, 2011

♥ How Logan and I Got Together ♥

It all started my junior year when I met Logan in the fall of 2000 (I was 16, Logan was 17) at Jamie's parent's house.  After playing in an Apple Valley football game, Logan and a few of his teammates were hanging out deciding what to do with the rest of the night.  One of Logan's friends who I was also friends with (Tommy) called me to see what was happening that night.  My friends and I were happy with the idea of hanging out with some cute football players from a different school and invited the guys over.  When the five guys showed up they were greeted by Ashley, who was wearing a beer box over her head.  I immediately thought Logan was sooo hott and went to a few Apple Valley football games and tried to find ways to hang out with these guys more.

A few things together, like went to Red Robin and had a game night here and there.  Check out the photo below, me being sneaky and taking a picture of my friends when I really wanted a picture of Logan (and the fact that we were sitting next to each other... ummm yeah I'm a dork!). 


The following March, Sadie's was coming up and I decided to ask Logan to the dance via AOL IM.  Logan wasn't sure he wanted the first date to include dancing, so he said he had to check to see if he had to work that day, but he wanted to take me out either way.  After "checking his work schedule," Logan decided he better suck it up and go to the dance too.  And after a little plotting with Jamie, I told Logan that it would be cool if he brought a friend for her, more specifically Eric.  And I pretty sure the guys ended up having a good time at the dance...

From there, Logan and Eric planned our first date and thought would be fun to take us  on a double date to a college hockey game.  After the game, we went to Perkin's where Jamie and I split a bread bowl (no salad) and they met up with some of the guy’s friends, BT and Knox.

After that, the we had our first alone date, dinner and a movie at Mall of America.  The restaurants were busy and Logan did not think to make reservations, so they walked around for a bit then saw a mutual friend who worked at Abercrombie and ate at Arby's with him. Then we went to the movie "The Mexican" and we thought was the best movie ever and told everyone to go and see it.  (We  watched it again on our one year anniversary and discovered the movie was horrible.  :)

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/IMAGES/55/003_MEXICANROS.jpg
A couple weeks later on April 13th, 2001 (ten years ago today), we were hanging out with a group of friends at Logan's Dad's house.  Logan and I were talking outside his house and he asked me to be his girlfriend... and the rest is history!  

XOXO

18 comments:

Bonnie said...

Awwww! First date story!!!
Don't you love how we, as high school girls, were so sneaky when trying to get a picture of the guy we liked??
I did the same thing.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Jess - The Domestic Vegan said...

Aww, I love stories like this!! Congratulations & happy 10 years together! :)

DSS said...

Congratulations on being "official" for 10 years! I adore that you were sneaky abou getting that picture. I am so guilty of having done that before. Heck, probably more recently than I want to admit :-o hahahaha...

Dee Stephens said...

Cute story and congrats on 10 years!

Sera Pie said...

Aw, so sweet!! :)

drollgirl said...

what a nice story! and congrats on 10 years together! that is awesome!

Courtney B said...

Aw cutest story ever!! Congrats on 10 years!

Marie said...

What a sweet story -- thanks for sharing!:D

Congratulations on 10 years together!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Renée said...

I love reading stories like this! So cute!!

Impulsive Addict said...

What a neat story! I loved the pics!! I've been with my love for 11 now! Congrats on 10!

Beth Dunn said...

I love a great love story! Thanks for sharing
xoxo
Sc

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Oh! I didn't realize we were the same age! Awesome. :)

This is an extremely sweet love story. You and your hubby are adorable and seem absolutely PERFECT for each other!

I think it is so amazing and wonderful you two stayed together since high school. Not many people are lucky enough to marry their high school sweetheart. Hehe.

Kara said...

I can't imagine having met the person I would marry in HS. Pretty sure I didn't lol.

jenna ♥ a little blue said...

awe thats amazing. :) i married my high school bf too! our 10 years is in september. congrats on making it soo long. i love happy stories like this!

Kristin said...

Love that wedding picture!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, I love hearing stories like this!!! Congrats on 10 years together!! That's so great!

Romiina said...

aww so romantic!!!!
i wish i could have a love story like you!
http://wwwteenagedream03.blogspot.com/

Imogen said...

Gorgeous, 10 years is amazing so congratulations.