Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ugliest Bridesmaid's Dress Contest

So the reason for the hideous bridesmaid dress?!  I won tickets on KDWB to go to a preview showing of the movie Bridesmaids, starring the super funny Kristen Wiig.  Not only did we get to see the movie early (it’s not in theaters in May 13th), but we also go to do a Q&A with Kristen Wigg and Wendi McLendon-Covey!!

(Here's me asking  Kristen Wigg and Wendi McLendon-Covey a question)

So why the ugly dress…??  And what's that thing on my head?

To get into the showing, guests had to wear an ugly bridesmaid dress.  And the ugliest bridesmaid of them all got a free trip for two to Vegas!  So I tried my best to go all out, but sorry, no free trip to Vegas for me (again!).  I went for the 80's hair, ugly bouquet, gloves with cut-off fingers and vintage wedding cake topper on my head!!  You would think after all the money I've spend at the Mall of America, they would like me, but that apparently isn't the case ;)


But even though I didn’t win, I still had fun (click here to see the winner)! 

I have heard numerous people say that this is a female version of the Hangover, and after seeing it, I have to disagree.  Other than it being about a bridesmaids/groomsmen and they are both comedies, the movies don’t have a ton in common.  Honestly, I probably would have liked it better if it was closer to the Hangover.  I would say this movie is more of a Meet the Parents meets Bride Wars.

I watched the extended preview and I was so excited for this movie because it looked hilarious!  And it’s not like some movies where they show the funniest parts in the previews… I’m pretty sure that a lot of the clips in the previews weren’t in the actual movie!  It was much of a chick-flick than I had imagined, which I typically like, but it was definitely one raunchy click-flick!
http://professional-model.tk/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/f4133_bridesmaids-1-912409.jpeg
 
Overall, it was a funny movie and I would say that you should see it, but I think it would be alright to wait until it comes out on video.  My favorite parts were when all the bridesmaids were interacting and I would have like more screen time for actors like Wendi McLendon-Covey (she was on Reno 911!) and Ellie Kemper (she’s on The Office).   I also really like Melissa McCarthy’s character (she’s also Molly in Mike and Molly, which I totally didn’t realize at first) and she was in the movie a little more.  Of course, Kristen Wiig is hilarious and she was in the movie plenty, so if you like her on SNL, you will probably enjoy this movie!

XOXO

20 comments:

~KS said...

How fun is this post?!?!!? Your dress was fabulous.... can't believe you didn't win!!
Movie sounds cute too... might have to see that one :)

ty said...

I still can't believe you didn't win ... I want to see the ugliest!

Ashley said...

How fun! I really can't believe you didn't win. Your dress was awesome! I'm dying to see the movie.

Dee Stephens said...

You are the radio contest queen! Do you know someone who works there or something? Hysterical! You look fab in pink :) so, who won? What did she have on?

AlbeeLucky said...

That sounds like a fun night. You wore a great dress for the occasion, surprise you didn't win w/ the cake topper on your coif. What a great idea to do that at home while viewing the film w/friends. The trailer looks funny and I love the collection of comedic actors.
xo-AlbeeLucky.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

You looked great girl!

Chrissi said...

i am surprised you didn't win! you looked great & that dress was awful ;) thanks for the movie review though ... i love kristen wiig but will probably wait until it's at redbox!

Megan said...

you crack me up! totally should have won! but im glad you had fun...AND im glad that movie was good! i totally wanna check it out now!

Imogen said...

This sounds like so much fn. Your dress was very appropriate for the event.

Nini said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Jenny! I love your blog too. I can't believe you didn't win this contest, I really wanna see who won cause your whole look to me took the cake. I can't wait to see this movie by the way, it looks hilarious!

Demüre said...

omg! too funny!!
I cant wait to see this movie, it looks hilarious!
such a cute blog! love it!!
xoxo
Angie

DSS said...

You have more fun!!! This is hysterical. And I really had to look at this picture to understand what in the world you were doing in that dress! You totally should have won :) You look brilliantly tacky. xoxo

Thanks for the review on the movie. I've been so excited, and planned a girl's night to the movie theater to see it. It sounds like that may not be necessary though. Raunchy you say? Hmmm...

Faith said...

you should have won! boo!!!

that movie looks hilarious! can't wait to see it with some girlfriends ...

Melissa McCarthy is also from Gilmore Girls and i was sooo surprised to see the previews of her ... such a different person she is playing!

Marie a la Mode said...

Your dress is awesome! You should have won! I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie, I saw a preview last weekend when I went to see 'Arthur,' which was really bad by the way!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Boo! How did you not win?! You were robbed! I've been seeing the previews for it, it looks really good!

MJ said...

How could you not win!?!? Your dress and outfit are hideous :)

Sarah Nicole said...

This looks like so much fun! You looked so cute in that dress.

Bree said...

This is pretty fabulous haha I would love to do something like this with my friends! I agree with the others; I wonder what the ugliest looked like?!

Fashion Meets Food said...

How much fun! I definitely want to see this movie and seriously how did you not win!

xo

Kristin said...

I went to the first screening in early April and absolutely LOVED this movie! I thought it was hilarious!!! You looked amazing in your BM dress....you totally should have won!