Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dinner at Ichiban - Japanese Teppanyaki Grill in Minneapolis

This past weekend we celebrated our 10 year anniversary of our first date!  It was a double date, the other couple (Jamie & Eric) has also been happily married for a few years.  It's pretty crazy considering that my girlfriend and I were 16 and 17, respectively, when we went on that double date.

We went to Ichiban, which was very cool because I hadn't been to a Teppanyaki style grill where they cook in front of you.  The food was amazing and it was a really fun experience!

Jamie and I with our fan menus.
Cute panda glasses with Melon Liqueur, Peach Schnapps, Rum with pineapple and orange juice... yum!
Here is a video of our chef... he had some impressive moves!


XOXO

13 comments:

Nikosmommy said...

I love Japanese restaurants where they cook right in front of you...good food and great entertainment! And so much fun when you're with a big group of friends...

Anya adores said...

LOOKS like awesome fun - adore the panda drinks :O)
Have a fab weekend
A xx

Inna xoxo said...

Fun! Those places are awesome w friends!
xoxo Inna :)
My Bloggie!

Vegan Chick Pea said...

Happy anniversary!

Imogen said...

Happy anniversary, 10 years is amazing. Looks like you had an enjoyable evening. My fiance and I met in high school so I always think that will make a good story one day when we are older.

a woman's right to shoes said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. And congrats on your anniversary, so fun to hear about =) I hope I'll look that happy after 10 years with my guy =)

Renée said...

Happy anniversary! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love places like that! Glad you had a great time. Those glasses are too cute!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

How FABULOUS! What a cute idea to replicate the double date from high school. :) It looks like you all had a wonderful time and I love those adorable little panda glasses! Happy Anniversary. xoxo

Beth Dunn said...

You look like Serena from Gossip girl. So fun!
xoxo
SC

MJ {The Honeypie Archives} said...

this makes my mouth water... seriously. Ichiban is yummy.

Kristin said...

Ichiban is one of my fave restaurants!!! We went there for my birthday this past year! :)

CaSaundraLeigh said...

I've never been to a restaurant where they cook in front of you either--so cool! Thanks for sharing the vid :-) Next time I am in Minneapolis, I'll have to add that restaurant to my list.