Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bachelor Recap - Brad picks Emily and Ashley Herbert is offically the new Bachelorette

So if you care at all (and probably even if you could care less) you know that Brad gave the final rose to Emily Maynard last night on the Bachelor.

Not to say I told you so, but I call this from the first episode, but I think  just about everyone else who watch the show called this too.  Shoot!


I really liked Emily's sparkly engagement ring!


If you are like me, you are wondering about their finalle dresses.  According to hollywoodreporter.com,  the show’s stylist picked 15 dresses each based on their individual styles.  Emily and Chantal got to keep the dresses afterward.

I wonder if Chantal would rewear that dress, after she got dumped.  I hope not!!!  That dress was UGLY…. but I'm not a fan of feathers on clothes and I thought these feathers were particularly bad.  However, I thought Emily's dress looked great on her, it totally suited her and the situation.  Chantal's dress also suited the situation, since she got the boot and her dress looked depressing. 


I loved Emily's new hair color and style on After The Final Rose, so pretty and natural looking!!


But it sounds rocky for the new couple, and who could really blames Emily for having second thoughts.  Definitely not me!  I still think that she is a little too good for him, but I wish them the best!  

Do you think Brad and Emily will actually get married?

And it's official, Ashley Herbert is going to be the next Bachelorette...


It was announced last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live:



I thought Ashley was very annoying, so I'm not sure if I will watch. I would have if it would have been Chantal O. but she has a new boyfriend so I guess ABC went with their 2nd choice. And here is a photo of Chantal's new boyfriend, Jeff Razore:


I think I need a Bachelor break... we'll see how I feel in two months!

XOXO
 photos via hollywoodlife.com, blogs.babble.com

17 comments:

Bonnie said...

Brad Womack is so dumb. He makes me pee myself laughing when he talks.
The girl he picked is really pretty. I'm incredibly jealous of her hair.

http://glamkittenslitterbox.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Carolyn said...

I'm with you on bachelore/ette overload. I actually couldn't even watch this season after the first couple episodes. Now with Ashley as the bachelorette.... hmm... no thanks. LOL

a life of color said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!!

I loved this post..you just caught me up!! I missed the memo that Ashley H was going to be the new bachelorette. She did annoy me a tad..but i'll prob watch..I always do. Ha.

Also interesting to see a picture of Chantal's new man.

I love your header by the way :)

MJ {The Honeypie Archives} said...

Ok. I totally called it too. Even if my friend did tell me it was Emily from the beginning (I think I told you that I am friends with Michelle's brother) anyway, I am really wondering if they will get married. It seemed like Brad is a lot more into Emily than she is into him. It makes me feel bad for Chantal who wanted Brad so bad.

I also could definitely tell Ashley was the next bachelorette. It was obvious in the Women Tell All episode last week. New hair do? It gave it away.

She annoyed me too, until they went to their hometowns. I think it will be fun to watch her in May, she's bubbly and fun :)

oh and PS I love the shoes you wore on your wedding day!

Anonymous said...

I hate Emily's new haircolor - so drab!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren said...

Chantal O's new bf=HOT (in the bad boy kind of way). Good work Chantal! It was pretty clear to me in After the Final Rose Ceremony, that Emily and Brad aren't gonna last. She seemed pretty hung up on how bad every Monday night was, but she signed up for this right?? I think her issues with that and her past will drive a wedge in between them in the long run.

natasha {schue love} said...

Oh I love this recap!!! Didn't know Ashley is the new Bachelorette!!! And so interesting about Chantal's BF. HMMM! I will definitely watch, but I am SUCH a sucker when it comes to this show! :)

Chrissi said...

Glad you posted that video - I missed it last night. Unlike many folks, I like her new hair color and am happy Emily won ...and also picked her from the get-go ;)

You ready for another Bachelor Pad this summer?!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Ashley was a little annoying, but I am sure I will watch because I am addicted! Her dress was cute though on Kimmel!

Reyna @fashionmist♥ said...

Wow, I totally agree with you on everything! xx

Megan said...

i agree with you on your Bachelor thoughts! although, i felt the after the rose ceremony was a bit uncomfortable...but YES, emily can do way better than brad :-)

have a great week!

Pop Champagne said...

that's nice, she is very pretty! lol yeah seems like the annoying ones always get their own show after huh. like that new york chick from flava flav a while ago and Omarosa from Donald Trump's show...

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

First of all... Chantal's new boyfriend is a HOTTIE! I couldn't stand Ashley and I will not be watching the Bachelorette with her. I thought she wasn't there looking for a relationship and that she only cared about herself. I really hope Brad and Emily make it but I don't think they will.

Ashly@Moon Walk said...

I called it as well. I knew he would pick her!

Stephanie the PW said...

I lOOOOVE Emily! She was gorgeous on the After the Final Rose show, i'm with you on that - the hair color was beautiful! It was hard to sit and watch the two together, definitely uncomfortable at times. I'm a total sucker for these shows and can't wait for the Bachelorette to start!

I'm just now getting back into bloggy world with a bang after a slight break over the winter, so I haven't seen your new layout until now. I absolutely LOVE the design! Gorgeous!

Kristin said...

I'm too obsessed not to watch :)

Courtney B said...

You and I...we need to be friends!! haha :) I totally agree: Emily is too good for Brad and Ashley is super annoying!
I seriously am loving your blog! You are gorgeous!