Friday, February 4, 2011

Why I'll be cheering for the Packers (~Sigh~)

So Sunday is the SuperBowl, and honestly if I didn't watch it I would be fine with that.  But I kinda wanna see what the Black Eyed Peas do for the Half Time Show and I might as well watch the commercials so I will know what people are talking about on Monday.

I really don't want either team to win... but I know that is probably not likely.  So since I HAVE TO pick, I'm going again many of my fellow Minnesotans and all of my natural instincts and choosing the Packer's....

Why??

1. I'm being a good neighbor, and I'm trusting that if I cheer your Packers on, you will restraint yourself from rubbing the Superbowl Victory in my face.  Deal?

2. I want to see more B.J. Raji's dance moves!!  I love a good endzone dance!



3. The packers have to wear the dumb cheese things on their heads... look at Raji, he's so embarrassed even after his sweet dance moves.  I truly feel bad for anyone who has to put up with this type of humiliation.



4.Lil Wayne is cheering for the Packers, so if they are good enough for Weezy, they can't be all bad.

http://www.killerhiphop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/lil-wayne-green-and-yellow.jpg

Plus I like this freestyled song "Green and Yellow"

Yeah I’m from New Orleans, but I been a Packers fan
We knocked the Eagles and the Falcons and the Bears off
Now we ’bout to cut Troy Polamalu hair off


5. Aaron Rodger's loves Viking (He's in Wisconsin so all the cheese probably killed a few brain cells and made him forget the S and made him color blind, who cares?!?)  and since he'll probably switch teams soon and join his beloved Vikings, I might as well start liking him now.
http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/aaronrodgersvikingsfan.jpg

 Ewww... that's way too much Packer stuff on my blog... gross.

XOXO

Source 1,2,

23 comments:

MJ said...

I loved his end zone dance!!

Kelly said...

Boo to the packers :) I will be cheering for the Steelers! :) It should be a good game!

Elle Sees said...

I'm not cheering foe either but am having a super bowl party (did u see my post?) Just for the commercials!

Bonnie said...

Totally expecting the Black Eyed Peas to bomb the halftime show. They suck at live performances.
I was rooting for the Bears. Shame. I'm rooting for no one now. Both the Packers and the Steelers are overrated. It's all about the commercials for me.

http://glamkittenslitterbox.blogspot.com/

this free bird said...

Girl I'll be at the movies. No shame!

Jess - The Domestic Vegan said...

Haha, that picture of Raji with the cheese on his head is PRICELESS!

I don't understand football AT ALL (despite my numerous attempts to learn the rules) AND I have a birthday party to go to on Sunday so I won't be watching, but for your sake - GO PACKERS! :)

P.S. I'm a Minnesota vegan, too!! Do you live in Minneapolis?

julia louise said...

LIL WAYNE IS AMAZING<3
btw. thank you for the sweet comment :)

http://julia-louise.blogspot.com

Claire Kiefer said...

I'm now furious at Lil Wayne for even JOKING about cutting Troy Polamalu's hair off! Troy is a dreamboat and a darling and I loooooove him, even if I hate his quarterback. I'm excited about the Superbowl though kinda indifferent about who wins.

But come to think of it, I'm also kinda mad at Lil Wayne for not being a Saints fan--he's from New Orleans, isn't he?! (I'm a Saints girl all the way).

_kArLy[*] said...

haha well good luck! at least you have more of a reason than i do. i'm not really a football fan haha love the blog, cant wait to catch up on the rest of your posts!
-karly
www.karpluswade.blogspot.com

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

I agree I could careless who wins but if I have to choose I vote Packers. I love your logic on why you chose the packers. It's so smart :

Paislea Elyse said...

happy friday!

allister bee blog

Tamara Nicole said...

Soooo funny! I am on the Packer's side b/c I hate Roethlisberger! :-0 I mean strongly disike, who beats up a chick???

Hope you have a great weekend dear! GO PACKERS!

inge luciana said...

great post

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

You know who I'm rooting for? The commercials ;-) I hate football. Bring on baseball season!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I strictly will be watching the game for the Half time show and the commercials. However, I LOVE the cheese hats! I don't know why but I do!

Barry said...

I'm not a huge football fan, my wife knows more about it than I do, but we'll be watching the game big and loud tomorrow on our system at home (on her birthday as it turns out).

Thanks for you comment on my song, "Rebecca Lynne". I'm glad you like it Jenny.

xoxo

PS: L'il Wayne is a butt-ugly mofo but I like his music. :)

Megan said...

Love Lil Wayne!!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Haha well those are some good reasons to root for the Packers, I guess. ;)

I'm just rooting for them because I like cheese. Hehe.

Yeah, like you, I'm not really for any particular team, but I enjoy the commercials and I'm looking forward to chowing down on some unhealthy food (chili dogs, anyone?).

I hope you have fun! xoxo

jamie-lee said...

ohh superbowl weekend - I know nothing of superbowl, but hope you have fun! :)

Barry said...

Packers baby!!!!!!!!!!

I like The Black Eyed Peas but my ears hurt from the half-time show. Painful.

But still....Packers baby!!!!!!

Whitni Alis said...

That picture of Aaron Rodgers is from his High School. Their colors are Blue, black, and white. He is from my town Chico, California.

Anonymous said...

Ok something wrong with the last paragragh... First off Aaron Rodgers played football for Chico, CA's Pleasant Valley Senior High. They just so happen to be the Vikings and their football shirts say Viking football because we are a family... our colors just so happen to be Light blue, Navy blue, and white. I know all this because I go to that school currently and people really need to research their shit before they say anything about it online... Thank you for your time.

love jenny xoxo said...

To Anonymous poster above - I know that he isn't wearing MN vikings gear or secretly a MN Vikings fan - it was a joke :)

thanks for your comment though!