Sunday, February 13, 2011

So Many Gagas... Lady Gaga Costume Contest at Mall Of America for a free Trip to Vegas!

Today, my sister and I Gaga-ized ourselves and headed to the Mall of America for the Lady Gaga Costume Contest. The winner got a free trip to Vegas to see her perform at MGM and I wanted to go so bad!! The contest didn't seems that advertised, so we were hoping we'd have a good chance!



It was interesting walking around the mall with my Lady Gaga get-up on, my sister, Shauna (on the left above and the right below) loves dressing like Gaga so she was in her element.  My momma enjoyed the people watching, or other people, people watching us.



Our competition (probably more impressive than the Little Monsters at the Lady Gaga Concert):



Sadly, neither me or my sister won, although Shauna got runner up.  It was by crowd applause, and even though Shauna totally out Gaga-ed everyone looks-wise, the guy in black and red below, dropped down to a perfect splits and won over the crowd at the last second. 

 

 Umm... check out his shoes, and I thought my shoes were uncomfortable!!

At least he seemed a like a true fan, and check out his dance moves:


It sucks we were so close to see Gaga in concert and a trip to Vegas... but if for some reason he can't go... we are next in line.  And there were other ways to win, so I guess we still have a chance.



So here was my inspiration for my outfit, a little bit of a combo of a few different looks:


I spent a while on gaga hair and mirrored disco mask, I think that turn out pretty good!

Can't wait to watch Lady Gaga preform at the Grammy's tonight!!!

XOXO

16 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Awesome! Your sister looks like Gaga!!

~ Darla ~ said...

You both looked great. I think your sister should have won for sure.

The Zhush said...

SO FUN!!!! And did you see her in that crazy egg thing last night? She is just too much...:)

Fashion Meets Food said...

Oh my gosh how neat is this and how much fun! The costumes looked amazing! Now this is something they need to do here! Love it!

xo

a woman's right to shoes said...

That's amazing! Looks like you guys had a great time! Too bad you didn't win, because the costumes were amazing!

http://cammiew4.blogspot.com/

Bonnie said...

This is too amazing for words.
I love Gaga.
I dressed up for her concert last year. It was epic.

http://glamkittenslitterbox.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, your sister really looks like her!! So sad that y'all didn't win! Maybe it'll still work out!

Nikosmommy said...

How much fun was that!??? You kids looked amazing and your sisters costume was SPOT on!!!!

Love it!!!

Elle Sees said...

Thatwouldve been so fun t see in person!

Paislea Elyse said...

hahhaa. this is so great. i would have loved to do that... so cute!

allisterbee.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

How fun!!! I would love to do something like that! Your costumes were awesome!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my gosh! You guys looked freaking awesome!!! You or your sister should have totally won!

CaSaundraLeigh said...

This is WAY cool--the MOA always has the greatest things going on. I am actually going this weekend--yay!! You girls can totally pull of the Gaga look too!

killmeneko said...

I hate when they advertise something as a costume contest, and it isn't. The person who won didn't even have a costume (and he isn't doing to dance correctly either).
Oh well!

David said...

Lady Gaga Costumeare gonna be huge!Im so proud to be a Little Monster!

Anonymous said...

This is good site to spent time on. allergy