Monday, February 28, 2011

Moroccan hair oil ~ Does moroccan hair oil really work?

(see my follow-up post: The Results: Does Kenzia Moroccan hair oil work?)

My lovely friend that is a esthetician told me that she has started using Moroccan hair oil to make her hair healthier and shinier.  Has anyone else tried Moroccan hair oil and has it worked for you?

I picked up some kenzia moroccan argan oil hair treatment, has anyone else tried this brand?



How does it compare to the Moroccanoil brand?



The brand Moroccanoil contains the following ingredients:
 Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl, MethylPropional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

The brand kenzia contains the following ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone), Cyclomethicone (silicone), Dimethicone (silicone), Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), PEG-8 (thickener), Tocopherol (more vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (form of vitamin C), Ascorbic Acid (form of vitamin C), Citric Acid (form of vitamin C), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender oil)

So after looking at this, I think I should be alright, afterall, Argan (Moroccan) Oil is higher on the ingredients list and the first three ingredients are the same.

Please let me know if you have any info on this for me.  Otherwise I'll let you know how it works!

XOXO

23 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

I've been dying to try it, so please review it as soon as you have a sense of whether or not it works. Also, I just noticed you're reading Water for Elephants--I just started that and love it so far. :)

Megan said...

i use moroccan oil everyday actually. i have wavy hair that blow dries rather frizzy, so when it's still wet, i put it in my hair and it helps tame it and make it healthier. i haven't found many hair products that work, but this does (at least on me). i didnt really notice how much it DOES work until when i forgot to use it one day...my hair was a wreck!

let us know what you do!

<3 megan
http://www.suitcaseandstilettos.com

Bree said...

I use moroccanoil everytime I wash hair and I love it!! Can't say enough good things about it! It's definitely helped my hair feel healthier :)

Katie said...

My stylist always uses Agadir argan oil on my hair, and it makes my hair SOOOOO soft. I love it. Come to think of it, I have no idea why I haven't bought any... Back to your question, I don't think the brand matters. Especially since the ingredients are practically identical.

Reyna @fashionmist♥ said...

Thanks for sharing! xx

Anna Walker said...

I don't know! I don't get anything specially done to my hair! I just use organix shampoo and a smoothing conditioner that makes my (VERY curly) hair feel amazing! I did used to have hot oil treatments when I was younger, but not anymore! :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Impulsive Addict said...

I use an off brand and LOVE it. I have some blogger friends (about 6 of them) that use Moroccan oil and LOVE it. I think it depends on your hair type. Let us know what you think!

Megan said...

Definitely review it when you try it out! I have never tried it. I'm open to anything that could tame my frizzy mess!!

Styles 'n Cream said...

I love Morrocanoil - it is one of the best hairproducts out there that everyone should be using. Totally worth it!

Michelle & Jamie said...

Best stuff EVER!!

Marie a la Mode said...

I've been using Morrocanoil for the past six months and I love it! It makes my hair soft and shiny.

Fashion Meets Food said...

I cannot live without Moroccan Oil it's absolutely wonderful. I use to work at a salon and it was used on everyone's hair it makes a huge difference and the shampoo and conditioner is amazing. I think I still have some samples i`ll look for you are interested.

xo

Kristin said...

I heard you have to be very careful with the amount you put on... can be greasy...

Kinsey Michaels said...

I have heard very good things about it, but I haven't personally tried it!

jenna ♥ a little blue said...

my hair dresser has been telling me to switch to this stuff. sooo let me know how it goes for you :)

p.s. found your blog through anna walkers! love :)

Pop Champagne said...

I've never tried this but sounds like a good product from comments above, I have dry hair aiwth split ends from so much hair dye that I need some of this stuff!

theAlmostRunner said...

this stuff looks awesome... i love your blog and your brad womack post! haha

Paislea Elyse said...

ooooh! thanks for sharing!!!

allister bee blog

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

def wanna try it. x


p.s. I'm having a giveaway on my blog for a necklace from pie n the sky if you'd like to check it out. :) x
devorelebeaumonstre.com

Jess - The Domestic Vegan said...

My mom bought Moroccanoil for me for Christmas, and I love it! I have pretty straight/shiny hair, anyway, but it tangles REALLY easily - and Moroccanoil helps a lot with the tangles. After a shower, I rub some oil through my damp hair, and it's MUCH easier (and less painful!) to comb. It also adds some nice extra shine. Plus, the smell is AMAZING!!!

~k said...

I've never used it, but it sounds like I need to check it out!

http://roamwhereyouwantto.blogspot.com/

KcomeKarolina said...

need to try it!!!



xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Marie said...

I use Moroccan Argan Oil on my hair and it works great!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com