You've probably already heard about fitness master Jack LaLanne passing away at 96 from respiratory failure due to pneumonia. He often said, "I can't die, it would ruin my image," but he definitely lived an amazing life and made his mark on the world.
If you don't know much about Jack LaLanne, here are some interesting tidbits about him:
- He started the first modern health spa 1935; he later sold the clubs to Bally Total Fitness.
- He is the reason is called a "star jump" is now referred to as a "Jumping Jack"
- He begins each and every day with 50 grams of soy protein
- The Jack LaLanne didn't eat chicken, red meat or white sugar. He did eat egg whites and occasionally fish, but otherwise follows a mostly vegan diet
- He says "Anything that comes from a cow I don't eat."
- At age 70, he was handcuffed, shackled and fighting strong winds and currents, while he towed 70 rowboats, one with several guests, for 1 mile.
How amazing does he look at 40, 71, and 96!! Seriously, he is proof of how exercising and eating right can affect your life. Definitely inspires me to take care of my body!!
For more about Jack LaLanne, here is a clip from CNN:
I'm so happy he led a full life and did what he was passionate about everyday! He is truly a role model of us all!
Sources 1, 2,