Monday, December 13, 2010

Taylor Swift ~ Back to December



























Lyrics and images via taylorswift.com and weheartit.com

"Back to December" lyrics by Taylor Swift 


I'm so glad you made time to see me
How's life, tell me how's your family
I haven't seen them in a while
You've been good, busier than ever
We small talk, work and the weather
Your guard is up, and I know why
Because the last time you saw me is still burned in the back of your mind
You gave me roses and I left them there to die


So this is me swallowing my pride
Standing in front of you saying I'm sorry for that night
And I go back to December all the time
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine
I go back to December, turn around and make it alright
I go back to December all the time


These days I haven't been sleeping
Staying up playing back myself leaving
When your birthday passed and I didn't call
Then I think about summer, all the beautiful times
I watched you laughing from the passenger side
And realized I loved you in the fall
And then the cold came, the dark days when fear crept into my mind
You gave me all your love and all I gave you was goodbye


So this is me swallowing my pride
Standing in front of you saying I'm sorry for that night
And I go back to December all the time
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine
I go back to December, turn around and change my own mind
I go back to December all the time


I miss your tan skin, your sweet smile, so good to me, so right
And how you held me in your arms that September night
The first time you ever saw me cry
Maybe this is wishful thinking
Probably mindless dreaming
But if we loved again, I swear I'd love you right
I'd go back in time and change it, but I can't
So if the chain is on your door I understand


But this is me swallowing my pride
Standing in front of you saying I'm sorry for that night
And I go back to December
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine
I go back to December turn around and make it alright
I go back to December, turn around and change my own mind
I go back to December all the time
All the time

XOXO

19 comments:

Perfect Peace said...

My favorite song!!

Jessica said...

I love this song. I can totally relate to these lyrics. I think that's what I love most about Taylor Swift's music. I love how you post song lyrics like this with the pictures. So creative! xo

Ashley said...

I love these posts!! This is one of my favorite songs on the new album! She's awesome!

Chrissi said...

i love Taylor Swift's writing talent - love this song! Have a super Monday!

Paislea Elyse said...

i LOVE this song. and i LOVE how you find the best pictures to represent the lyrics. you're very talented! i love it!

allister bee blog

Vegan Chick Pea said...

Nice!

And, yes, smoothies from a blender will make you happy! :)

fashionismyh2o said...

Such a pretty post :) Love these lyrics!
x

Jen said...

This was beautiful!!

And your in MN? Me too! Me too! Can you believe all the snow we got??

Hey, have you put in your city at Location Central yet?? Its where you can see who blogs by you. All of us MN bloggers are in there!! It's at:

www.locationcentral.blogspot.com

Faith said...

i haven't heard this song but i really want to hear it now ... about to youtube it!

beautiful lyrics!

Whitney said...

i love this song!

Pop Champagne said...

it's a good song, for once she's singing about being a jerk instead of the guy is the jerk lol! I heart Taylor though

heart charlie said...

This is creative / adorable that you put these beautiful images to that song, very amazing!

Paige said...

I absolutely love this and the song as well. I believe that every one can relate to it. I like how Taylor has finally mixed up her songs a bit.

Erica Wark said...

Just found your blog, super cute!!
I'm not a HUGE fan of taylor, but this song is super cute, and I love the imagery of this post!

I'm going to follow you!

Come visit xo

www.ericawark.com

Erin said...

I love this song! Such good lyrics!

sansan said...

waw ! nice pict :)
and i very love this song !

DIYAH RISKITA said...

i <3 this song ! :)

Anonymous said...

Ever wondегed hοw to lucid dreаm?
We hаvе the sоlutіon at http://luciddreаming.
top-informаtion.nеt
Take a look at my blog ... weightloss.allthebestproducts.net

Mohd Faizal said...

My birthday is in December and when the part "When your birthday passed, I didn't call" really touches me... :')