Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Is Glee Coach "Beast" (oops... I mean Beiste) a man or what?!?

 If you are an avid Glee watcher, like me, then I know this thought has crossed your mind...

Is Coach Beast really a man in drag?

I honestly thought Coach Beiste was a man, but turns out I was wrong.  Coach Beiste is a lady!!

  via

Her name is Dot Jones
here are some interested facts about our Glee girl:
*She was 6'4" (now 6'3")
*She was a shot put state champ in 1983 & 1984
*She got her start in acting on Knights and Warriors, pictured here:
http://ewpopwatch.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/lady-battle-axe_285.jpg 

*15-time World Arm-wrestling champion

*she preforms a faux Christian-themed ventriloquist act, shown here:


But even Dot's ventriloquist dummy is a little confused whether she is a man or a woman, so I can feel a little less bad now about my mistake!  Sorry Coach Beiste!

sources 1, 2, 3

XOXO

19 comments:

Faith said...

she is quite manly. and if her dummy is a lil confused then i think it is perfectly OK for anyone to wonder, hehe.

Marian said...

Definitely thought she was a man the first time I saw her. And looking at those photos, I'm still kind of confused:)

Pop Champagne said...

oh wow I thought she was a man for sure. it didn't even cross my mind that she's a woman... I wonder if she's married? huh.

Miss Chelsea said...

Wow that's quite a get-up (her D&D costume)

Finder said...

what is this? :)

we are trying to find the brand of the clothes, accessories and shoes we saw on internet or anywhere. help us, or send us something you want our blog to find. it's easy and simple :)

http://howcanufind.blogspot.com

Together We Save said...

Shocking but true... I have never watched Glee!!

Fashion Meets Food said...

she seriously cracks me up though. I am kind of loving her in Glee. However I wish Glee would do some better songs.

xo

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha!!! I swore up and down that it was a man but one day at work we looked HER up and I was shocked!!!

-Sam I Am- said...

OMGOSH i had no idea!!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

I didnt know that!!! Wow!
You have such a lovely blog here:) Have a great day
Kisses

Kara said...

It was funnier when I thought she was a man. When I found out she's actually a woman I felt so bad for her.

Paislea Elyse said...

hahha. this post is rad!!

allister bee fashion blog

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

she looks like a shot put girl, doesn't she! Love her in glee (gotta love the knee socks!) stop by soon, I'm hosting a giveaway this week-best Barbara

Alleen said...

I have only watched the show a few times, but this is certainly a scary site! Love your blog!

Jammer said...

hahaha all I know is that I would never want to get into a fight with her!

Mimi said...

Funny video! They do a great job together...the looks on the dummy's face is really hysterical! I did think she was a man, but she looks more feminine in the video...

Fashion Meets Food said...

Heyy girly! You won my Oh Nuts giveaway! Could you email me your full name, mailing address and which email address you would like your coupon mailed to. Thanks!

fashionmeetsfood[at]yahoo

xo

Val said...

Who knew??????? hehe. Have a wonderful weekend.

Nikosmommy said...

Interesting! I had no idea she was so tall! (poor gal)...at least she's making a living off of her unusual size/manliness....