Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Nelly

I was pretty much obsessed with Nelly's "Country Grammar" cd back when I was in High School.


We would jam out to all the songs in the car, and memorized every word, even the talking parts - I loved ALL of it and I still do!!

Nelly's had a plenty of good songs since his Country Grammar album (Dilemma -Feat. Kelly Rowland, "Over and Over" with Tim McGraw, "Grillz," "Air Force Ones," and "Hot in Herre"). But his last cd back in 2008, Brass Knuckles, couldn't have done well because I never heard a thing about it. 


So what has our boy Nelly been up to lately?

nelly celebrity sweat picture photo image1. Move over P90X & Tony Horton, Nelly is releasing a workout video/regime titled "Celebrity Sweat" in September . 

Here's what Nelly says about working out...


“People think I just woke up all of a sudden and I was this big, but they haven’t been paying attention… If you look at the pictures from ‘04 to now, you can see the change. You can see me go from 160 to 170, 170 to 175, 175 to 180 to 190 (pounds). You put in all this hard work, and people want to discredit you. But you can transform your body in six to eight months. In two years, you can create a whole new person.”
 Source


2. Nelly is also filling in as a radio personality at Hot 104.1 for a dj on maternity leave in St. Louie (Nelly's hometown). Source


I  heard him talking about his new gig this morning on the Twin Cities' KDWB radio station and he has a good voice for radio! 




3. Lastly, Nelly's releasing two new singles, "Just a Dream" - for the ladies and "Tippin' in Da Club," - for the clubs.  They are both available beginning yesterday on iTunes.





He's coming out with his new cd 5.0 this fall and it's said to feature Janet Jackson, Diddy, Akon, St. Lunatics and Usher... do you think Nelly will make a come back?

XOXO

22 comments:

Erika ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

wow FLASH BACK! - sometimes when i hear old tunes like from people like Nelly, Mase, Outkast and stuff - totalllllllly brings me back!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Claire Kiefer said...

Okay so Country Grammar is pretty awesome, but I haven't been able to forgive him for his "Tip Drill" video which got all kinds of attention when he slid an ATM card down a girl's ass. There's a video called Beyond Beats & Rhymes: Misogyny and Homophobia in Hip Hop that focuses a lot on that video. I show it to my students every year. CRAZY!!!

Mimi said...

omg! i love over and over and dilemma! my friends and i would always sing those songs. :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Pop Champagne said...

omg is he still around?! that's neat. haha I loved country grammer too. and that song where the music video is a bunch of chicks playing baseball in their bikinis

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

My hubby and I were just asking each other what happened to Nelly!

Faith said...

i think he would make a comeback ... he can always bring out a song that is so catchy & have people "singing" to it whether you want to or not. i'm ready for another "it's getting hot in here" ... haha :)

Melissa said...

Hm, it's nice to know what he's up to. Country Grammar is still on heavy rotation in my workout mixes, so I forget that he's been out of the spotlight for some time.

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Hahaha thanks for the updates on my boy Nelly!! I was always a fan of 'Hot in herrre'

Anna Walker said...

I love nelly!!! I always loved the song hot in here and drive :) Such a fun song! Thanks for the update!

Kat said...

Wow, a man of all trades. Would be curious to see what the celebrity sweat is all about. I just hope C&C Music Factory's classic, "Make you sweat" is on the play list!

Lulu said...

I LOVE Over and Over w/ Tim McGraw. That song is one of the most played on my iPod!

Jen said...

Aw, Nelly! I'd almost forgotten about him. He's cool in my book.

Crazy Shenanigans said...

This post took me back to the summer that we jammed to "Ride with Me". Love it! I totally think he can make a come back!

DSS said...

Ahhh...Nelly. Country Grammar was our theme song in school. Hadn't a clue he was still around!

Jade "Purple" Brown said...

i loved country grammer too and im sure hell make a comeback!

jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

Pop Champagne said...

thanks for your comment! I started going to local fashion shows through just contacting local designers & shops and talking to them about my blog. I find that most designers love bloggers as it's pretty much free exposure for them :)

Tatum-LeTard said...

A Nelly workout?!?!?! Heck YES!!! His songs are fun, so why wouldn't his workout be?! What a funny post - I love Nelly! Hope you're having a great week!

drollgirl said...

oh nelly! i kind of forgot about him!

Join the Gossip said...

This is so random because I heard his song with Tim McGraw on the radio the other day and I was wondering what happened to him! I'm not a huge fan of that type of music but I really did like him haha! I hope he makes a comeback!

~KS said...

What a blast from the past...

And check this out: http://ks-waiting.blogspot.com/2010/08/merci-danke-gracias.html

I have some goodies to send your way for voting for my friend's animal rescue project. THANK YOU!!

When you have a minute, shoot me your address and I will get your presents in the mail. Thank you again and happy weekend to you!!

The Zhush said...

What a fun post, the work out sounds like something I need! Your new layout and header look amazing!

Tamara Nicole said...

That is soooo funny! yes I used to bump that cd all the time:-) Lol interesting about the workout video!