Monday, July 26, 2010

Yukka Recipe - Delicious Summer Lemon-Lime Vodka Drink - Must Try!

A few weeks ago, I wrote about 5 things I love to do in the summer. I mentioned Yukka and I got a few comments asking what it is so here you go.

*******a special thanks to Ashley, who introduced me to yukka,
and Jamie,who is pretty much the yukka master :)
*******

Ingredients:
about 6 lemons
about 9 limes (if they are small)
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of vodka
lots of ice

Directions:
1. First you need a big jar with a tight lid, and a blanket or beach towel.

2. Cut the limes and lemons in slices, like this:



3. Put all ingredients in the jar, ice last. 4. Roll up the jar in the blanket, and shake back and forth, until jar is icy and the lemons and limes are crushed (15-20 probably). Have extra ice to add more to the jar about half way through. And if you want to drink some, you need to take a turn shaking!

(July 4th, 2006)


(July 4th, 2010)

(July 4th, 2006)

5. Drink straight out of the jar!


(July 4th, 2005)


(July 4th, 2008)


(July 4th, 2009)

(July 4th, 2008)

But beware, it's very tasty and you are going to get thirsty after that shaking, so things could get a little crazy.
(July 4th, 2010)
Enjoy!

XOXO

22 comments:

Julie (brown eyed belle) said...

Yummmm!! That looks delicious!!

Anna Walker said...

Yummm it looks delicious! I am going to have to bookmark this recipe! :)

Val said...

Yowza, I see some YUCCA in my near future. YUM

Pop Champagne said...

lol yuummmmmy for a second that actually looks healthy with all the fruits in it! haha. I don't do well with vodka though, vodka gets me everytime even if I only have 1 glass!

Jenn @ WestSacHoney said...

OMG that is great.. I'm by myself this week so can't try it yet. How funny!

Regan said...

This is such a cute idea. I just found your blog! I love the whole summer feel to it. :)

Marcie said...

How fun and beautiful! I have to try this.

xo Marcie

Café Bellini said...

Hahaha wow! that looks cool!

Join the Gossip said...

I'm sure it's tasty! But even if it's not, it sure is pretty =) haha

Faith said...

that looks delish! i love how you have sooo many pictures of it. i want some now!

freckleonthenose said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm so glad to have found yours. I can already tell I'm going to love it! I don't know what's more fun about that drink - making it or drinking it.

Who am I kidding - of course it's more fun to drink it. :)

bananas. said...

um that sounds AMAZING!!! and it looks amazing too.

you'd never guess that there was that much vodka in it. definitely MY kind of drink ;)

thanks for the recipe!

Jammer said...

I've never had this, but it looks sooo good!!

http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

Heather {A Measure Of...} said...

hahah, so cute! anything with lemons and limes can steal my heart. add vodka to the mix and there's no doubt i'm stolen!

The Zhush said...

Thanks for posting...sounds so good (somewhat dangerous too! :) )

Crazy Shenanigans said...

I'm gonna have to get someone to help me make this!!!

Kristin said...

cant wait to try this!!

Valerie said...

What a fun idea! I've never heard of this, but I'd love to try it now.

Valerie

Ashleigh said...

So cute! I love the tradition pictures!
Really want to try this, sounds perfect on a hot day!

Miss Chelsea said...

HA! I love it!! I want to try this...

anything that involves rolling it up in a towel and drinking straight out of a jar sounds like a good time to me!!

mrs.mfc said...

!! I love this!!!! I love that you have pictures of the shaking at each occasion! Such a good idea- I am making a mental note RIGHT NOW!

Chrissi said...

i can't wait to try this :)