Thursday, May 13, 2010

Koalas are Kute

I saw a picture of a koala today and they are sooo cute!! So I had to do a post about them



Interesting facts about Koalas,

• They aren’t bears, they are marsupials (like Kangaroos and Wombats) and they carry their babies in pouches - I don't think I knew that


• baby koalas are called joeys are less than an inch long when they are born – they stay in their mom’s pouch for about 7 months



• momma koalas only have one baby a year and they take 3-4 years to mature



• word Koala means ‘no drink' because they can go a long time without water


• koalas are nocturnal and sleep about 19 hours a day


So adorable !!! I want one! But I think this is as close as I'm going to get...



But I'll take it!

XOXO

7 comments:

La Dolfina said...

So cute!
Thanks for your comment on my blog today... it's so nice to meet you! I'm off to look around your cute blog and get to know a little about you :)
Your beautiful and your dog is adorable.
Have a great day Jenny!

Debby Lee said...

Hi Jenny! The Koala's are so adorable, I want one! (You can see why I have to restrain myself from going into Pet Stores, I'm weak)!
Thanks for visiting Inspired Design. I am now your newest follower. ~Debby xo

Nikki said...

Oh I didnt know the meaning of koala ! Nice to know.

I love your dog :D so cute :D

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

OMG so adorable!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Kristin

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Hello! I found you through Jenn's blog @ West Sac Honey! Koala's are adorable...I kind of forgot about them until this post!

Have a nice weekend :)

Aly

The Zhush said...

The really ARE adorable! Want to cuddle one up right now! :)

Candace Rose said...

My favorite! They are the cutest ever.