• 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
• 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
• 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup frozen corn kernels
• 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
• 1-2 (15 ounce) can(s) of chopped tomatoes (drained)
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (garnish)
• jalapeños to taste (garnish)
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and stir in chopped onion and garlic, and cook until lightly browned.
2. Pour in vegetable broth and stir in quinoa into the saucepan. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Stir frozen corn black beans, and tomatoes into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through.
Cilantro 'Sour Cream'
• 2 tbsps of veganaise
• 2 tsp of plain soy milk
• dash of onion powder
• dash of garlic salt
• dash of pepper
• dash of green Tabasco sauce
• fresh cilantro to taste
Mix all ingredients together and whisk with a fork until well blended.
Take soft shell tortillas, and top with Cliantro Sour Cream and Quinoa Taco mix. Top with fresh cilantro and jalapeños.